My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail

Options

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    If you've made an arrangement to meet someone you shouldn't need to contact them to confirm surely.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • davidwood123
    davidwood123 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    If you've made an arrangement to meet someone you shouldn't need to contact them to confirm surely.

Only those who usually get stood up or expect to get stood up confirm on or before the day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Time to move on fella. If she's the kind of person that ghosts a date, it's not worth bothering with. Plenty more fish, and all that.
  • Potato_Fist
    Potato_Fist Posts: 86 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    A little bit peeved. I had a date set up at a restaurant/bar for 7pm and she never turned up. I was left drinking lime and soda for half-an-hour then I came home.

She is not answering her phone. We had one previous date together and I thought things went well, just in a friendly manner with no hints or any expectations of romance.
    You've solved the promblem yourself :money:

You are in the friend zone! Friend zone is not for dates, so i can see why you got stood up. Should've offered to go bowling as friends ;)
  • davidwood123
    Options
    You've solved the promblem yourself :money:

You are in the friend zone! Friend zone is not for dates, so i can see why you got stood up. Should've offered to go bowling as friends ;)

:rotfl:

Got it in one
  • MrDouglas
    MrDouglas Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Move on and don't give it a second though, every hour you spend thinking about it is time you could spend meeting a new lady friend and enjoying yourself ;)

Doug
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kind of rude of her to not let you know, unless of course you never know, she might've had a incident or problem. Even so, how long does it take to send a quick message?
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Only those who usually get stood up or expect to get stood up confirm on or before the day.

Can't say I've ever been stood up, nor do I expect to be, but I have had the wrong time for things before and the other person confirming has prevented a problem. I think it takes a level of cockiness to assume that only people who have or expect to be stood up would check! I'd much prefer somebody to message, "Just checking we're still on for today at 3" than to take that kind of attitude.
  • davidwood123
    Options
    rach_k wrote: »
    Can't say I've ever been stood up, nor do I expect to be, but I have had the wrong time for things before and the other person confirming has prevented a problem. I think it takes a level of cockiness to assume that only people who have or expect to be stood up would check! I'd much prefer somebody to message, "Just checking we're still on for today at 3" than to take that kind of attitude.

You're a woman.

Different rules for blokes
  • trailingspouse
    trailingspouse Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You realise there may be something about you that she just can't stand? That she managed to be civil through the first date but really isn't interested?

Some of these posts sound very entitled - 'you deserve better', 'kind of rude', 'not worth the effort'. Maybe she was thinking exactly the same about you.

She doesn't have to text, she doesn't have to explain. She doesn't owe you anything.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure