The 'Happy Halloween' October NSD Challenge

Comments

• BeTheChange
    BeTheChange Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:04PM
    Hi Marmiterulesok & Dolly Rocker am proud to be a member of the 'obsessive money holder on to' club:j

Day 4 for me and I am now off to update my sig as I had committed to 18 and I have put 16! I think I may need a spreadsheet to keep track of the challenges I am signing up to :p
    Debt @ Sept '16 = £51804 Oct '16= £51,095 1.37% paid off
    Oct grocery challenge = £229.05/£250
    Oct AFD challenge = 20/31
    Oct NSD = 13/18
    Emergency Fund member #209 = 376/1000
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thank you guys :) Today wasn't a NSD but I knew it wouldn't be and had it accounted for! Will try for NSD #3 tomorrow! :)
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    NSD #5 today
    I also went to 2 classes at the gym today so feeling doubly virtuous! :A :A
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    number 3 for me today, not bad going so far. Spendy day expected tomorrow.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • 5 October 2016 NSD#4

Dxxx
  • God I just had a look in my savings notebook & I have so many IOU post it's in there it is unbelievable :eek:

My NSD's in October will go to paying this all off.

Dxxx
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Shopping today, including an impulse purchase of some orange and purplish-black pansies to give a Halloween theme to some tired looking plant tubs by the front door. A bit more MSE-ish earlier today, collected pine cones whilst taking the dog for a walk. Gradually over this month I will decorate our home with autumnal decorations with the Samhain festival at the end of the month in mind. I don't like the commercial Halloween thing that is going on nowadays.....but I have to say, in Aldi's today, looking at their Halloween decorations, I only just stopped myself buying a banjo-playing skeleton.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • :rotfl:

Well done for managing to resist!

My mum has a house full of halloween decorations, my youngest sister was born on halloween so we always had a birthday party & my mum decorated the whole house.

Only recently stopped, my sister is 31!

Dxxx
  • Update promised tonight!
  • Shopping today, including an impulse purchase of some orange and purplish-black pansies to give a Halloween theme to some tired looking plant tubs by the front door. A bit more MSE-ish earlier today, collected pine cones whilst taking the dog for a walk. Gradually over this month I will decorate our home with autumnal decorations with the Samhain festival at the end of the month in mind. I don't like the commercial Halloween thing that is going on nowadays.....but I have to say, in Aldi's today, looking at their Halloween decorations, I only just stopped myself buying a banjo-playing skeleton.

I first of all read that as 'orange and purplish-black panties' and wondered what the connection was with your plants!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure