Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Comments

• S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Did anyone else have a test payment of £1.01 taken from the debit card they used for id to open the account (which presumably will not actually go through)? My available balance went down by this much when my application went through and I can't think of anything else that it could be down to?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm now on day 13. Managed to deposit an initial £1 payment a few days after opening. Since then, nothing has arrived. I requested the card reader as soon as possible, but that and the card have not arrived yet.

Really disappointing service. But very pleased I was advised on this thread to not transfer a large sum of money until the card arrives.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    S_uk wrote: »
    Did anyone else have a test payment of £1.01 taken from the debit card they used for id to open the account (which presumably will not actually go through)? My available balance went down by this much when my application went through and I can't think of anything else that it could be down to?

Yes, within about a week it dropped off (became available again). It showed as some third party ID verification firm when it was pending.
  • miller
    glider3560 wrote: »
    I'm now on day 13.

Around day 15 and still waiting for the card. Got the other items (PIN/reader). Successfully used the reader with a Nationwide card to authorise a transaction (not that that helps anything, but confirms what was mentioned earlier regarding interchangability).

Dog slow really.

I am still slightly concerned regarding Wheres My Cashback's experience where even with all the kit a second transaction got held up in security checks.
  • billyboy
    billyboy Posts: 75 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just received card today with promise of card reader and pin in a few days. opened account and saw online 28th June so hopefully getting there. May just get it done and then they drop their interest rate.;)
    Cheers!!!
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sent my ID digitally on the 5th and just received account open email on the 17th. Now waiting for pack in post so can make a deposit. I reckon they have been overwhelmed with applications and couldn't cope in reasonable timescales.
  • S_uk wrote: »

Yes me, I thought my card had been skimmed/cloned, till I googled it and found a thread on here about the same company.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    miller wrote: »
    Around day 15 and still waiting for the card. Got the other items (PIN/reader)...

miller, have you received your card yet? Similarly to you, I received the PIN a week ago, the reader two days ago, but still no card. It's now 20 days since I applied for the account.
  • miller
    10_66 wrote: »
    miller, have you received your card yet? Similarly to you, I received the PIN a week ago, the reader two days ago, but still no card. It's now 20 days since I applied for the account.

In a word - no! :(
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My online banking has finally changed to ask me to enable the card reader, when trying to carry out a transaction, rather than asking me to order one. Hopefully this is good news.

Haven't received anything, except for the signature form so far (on day 17, I think).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback