My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail

Comments

• MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    melanzana wrote: »
    Why do people post personal things like this.

Just wondered.

Ok it's the internet. but still.

I am sure there are other sites for this kind of dating trauma.

But having said that, it has happened to many of us. Well it has happened to me. And I got over it. After years of trauma. LOL.
    This is the Marriage, Relationships & Families board.
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    You realise there may be something about you that she just can't stand? That she managed to be civil through the first date but really isn't interested?

Some of these posts sound very entitled - 'you deserve better', 'kind of rude', 'not worth the effort'. Maybe she was thinking exactly the same about you.

She doesn't have to text, she doesn't have to explain. She doesn't owe you anything.

Have since seen/gone out with her since the OP.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Dreamnine wrote: »

Which is not what you said a week ago.

* just saying * ;)
  • Dreamnine
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Which is not what you said a week ago.

* just saying * ;)

Quote me what I said a week ago; I'm not dating but do see my friends.

Just saying.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • Ash_Mc
    Ash_Mc Posts: 194 Forumite
    DannyBo wrote: »
    Good for you, Ash.. people need to understand that not every single person here breathes MSE. Some actually have real life business to deal with... so a delayed response is well within the realms.

Thanks Danny. I think regardless of the time between the post and my reply, I made a pretty valid point. I've spoken in this very thread in defence of the same guy who shocked me with his comment. It seems a bit strange that people will find fault with me for responding to a post outside of their time frame but not give their opinion on the post, or the fact that it's been left there for four weeks so the man obviously meant what he said.

But c'est la vie.

I hope you're keeping well x
  • DannyBo
    DannyBo Posts: 5,227
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ash_Mc wrote: »
    Thanks Danny. I think regardless of the time between the post and my reply, I made a pretty valid point. I've spoken in this very thread in defence of the same guy who shocked me with his comment. It seems a bit strange that people will find fault with me for responding to a post outside of their time frame but not give their opinion on the post, or the fact that it's been left there for four weeks so the man obviously meant what he said.

But c'est la vie.

I hope you're keeping well x

I'm keeping very well, thanks xx

Yes, C'est la vie indeed.... perhaps an overview for some... best sticking to outside hobbies like thee n me.

Be good x
    Turn your car around.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Quote me what I said a week ago; I'm not dating but do see my friends.
    Right... so I now see two possible scenarios here:

a) you were friends; one of you tried to turn it into more than friends and it didn't quite work out and she was embarrassed/uncertain about responding to you for a while and now you've settled back to being friends. If so, hope that works out best for both of you.

b) you were acquaintances or part of a big group of friends; you wanted it to be more than friends and she didn't aka you got friendzoned. That happens to many of us and you have to decide if you are OK with that.

Or possibly the phrases "Seeing someone", "going out with someone" and "dating someone" all have subtly different meanings which are different to the ones they generally had when I was doing (trying to do) them.

When those phrases have different meanings to the two (or more) people doing them with each other - then we get more threads here :)
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Dreamnine
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Right... so I now see two possible scenarios here:

a) you were friends; one of you tried to turn it into more than friends and it didn't quite work out and she was embarrassed/uncertain about responding to you for a while and now you've settled back to being friends. If so, hope that works out best for both of you.

b) you were acquaintances or part of a big group of friends; you wanted it to be more than friends and she didn't aka you got friendzoned. That happens to many of us and you have to decide if you are OK with that.

Or possibly the phrases "Seeing someone", "going out with someone" and "dating someone" all have subtly different meanings which are different to the ones they generally had when I was doing (trying to do) them.

When those phrases have different meanings to the two (or more) people doing them with each other - then we get more threads here :)

Read the OP - we're just friends with no expectations of anything more.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • SamsReturn
    SamsReturn Posts: 2,489 Forumite

Did she have a good reason why she hadn't turned up at the restaurant, or answered your call ?
  • Ash_Mc
    Ash_Mc Posts: 194 Forumite
    Good question. OP?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills