PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Does anyone have a wool duvet?

Comments

• Loanranger wrote: »
    A down duvet, not feather and down, that is sewn in square sections, will not lump up.

This is by far the best option. Light, nestles around you, and warm. Expensive but you can sometimes get them on offer. Personally, I don't like the look of the wool ones, they look too stiff.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2016 at 6:03PM
    we had various duvets ever since duvets replaced sheets and blankets. We spent a lot of money on a down duvet but it didn`t do the business for us throughout the seasons, that went to a daughter. We had silk but they were heavy, although they regulated temperature better than down. We bought woold duvets four years ago, the all season one which is two duvets which can join together. We never looked back and temperature control became spot on. I since bought several things from that site and all have been amazing

We had wool mattress protectors and wool pillows as well as the wool duvets. The wool does not clump at all and is easily washed

just to say that the wool duvets are of the highest quality and are perfectly soft and snuggly

I bought the de luxe wool bedding set
    http://www.thewoolroom.com/bedding/wool-duvets/

I totally recommend the woolroom
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ariarnia wrote: »
    I shove it in the machine on a delicate/cold wash (30 deg, slowest spin) and it's been fine - washed it about 4 times in the last year as various things have stained it, and other than a faint purple (fruit tea) mark when a baby kicked unexpectedly vigorously... :o

Thank you for that information. Greatly appreciated.
  • SuzieSue wrote: »
    I am fed up of the filling of my microfibre lumping up.

Does this happen in a wool duvet too?

No - no lumps here (had mine about 3 years) :cool:
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!

I've bought stuff from them quite happily, just not a duvet.

Apologies if I've missed it but is there a reason for not going for a down/feather and down duvet rather than wool as an alternative to microfibre? Many of us have said how much we like them and they cost considerably less.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 September 2016 at 11:52AM
    kittie wrote: »
    we had various duvets ever since duvets replaced sheets and blankets. We spent a lot of money on a down duvet but it didn`t do the business for us throughout the seasons, that went to a daughter. We had silk but they were heavy, although they regulated temperature better than down. We bought woold duvets four years ago, the all season one which is two duvets which can join together. We never looked back and temperature control became spot on. I since bought several things from that site and all have been amazing

We had wool mattress protectors and wool pillows as well as the wool duvets. The wool does not clump at all and is easily washed

just to say that the wool duvets are of the highest quality and are perfectly soft and snuggly

I bought the de luxe wool bedding set
    http://www.thewoolroom.com/bedding/wool-duvets/

I totally recommend the woolroom

Thanks for the recommendation Kittie. Their wool duvets look great. And they use British wool.
  • SuzieSue
    I've bought stuff from them quite happily, just not a duvet.

Apologies if I've missed it but is there a reason for not going for a down/feather and down duvet rather than wool as an alternative to microfibre? Many of us have said how much we like them and they cost considerably less.

Thanks missbiggles. Perhaps down duvets have changed recently, but the last time I had one which was over 20 years ago and I remember the feathers sticking out of the duvet and sometimes even coming out. It was one from M&S and so not the best quality. It also lumped/clumped together but then it wasn't sewn in to squares, so as others have said, if I spent a bit more perhaps a down one would be ok.

However, I have heard lots of people say how much they like their wool duvets and so I thought I would investigate them.
  • SuzieSue
    In case anyone is interested, I have just bought the following from The Wool Room (thanks again Kittie):

http://www.thewoolroom.com/product/deluxe-wool-duvet-all-season/

I managed to get an extra 10% off by using MYVIP4LIFE.
    In case anyone is interested, I have just bought the following from The Wool Room (thanks again Kittie):

http://www.thewoolroom.com/product/deluxe-wool-duvet-all-season/

I managed to get an extra 10% off by using MYVIP4LIFE.

Good luck with it - it better be good at that price!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure