• Nice to have you back Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Dear diary and lovely readers

Thanks for all the good wishes....

Beanielou I try using our local FB first.... But they seem to be very picky!

Another NSD yesterday :T

Meals

Used up - protein shake, strawberries, bread rolls, salad and olives , from BBQ, vegetables nearly past their best and beef burgers from the freezer :T:T

The only :eek: re diet was rolls at lunchtime.

Did weigh myself yesterday and had lost 2lb - that's 9 altogether since returning from hols

Trying to count the hrs I concentrate on self employment work - in the last 7 days it's up to my old hrs of 22.5 :)

Also no crappy TV last night, I participated in an hrs Twitter talk thread re work peer support, finished my book, and worked on the embroidery that I'm doing for Dads birthday.

This embroidery - rather bored of it now but his birthdays next Tuesday and I need to go to H@bbycr@ft tomorrow to get the box I'm mounting it on, so must concentrate on the last few bits today

Also on the agenda today is

Church in 5 minutes :eek:

Followed by a sports massage here (budgeted for)

So must dash ladies bye.....
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Dear diary and lovely readers

Well yesterday was another NSD :T

We continued eating from stock.

I had defrosted braising steak, and I added left over wine, half used onion, red pepper, cooked potatoes, a can of toms, Worcester sauce, garlic and carrots and mushrooms oh and some hot Spanish paprika

Wasn't quite ready so we left it gently stewing and raided freezer .... bolainaise mince :T:T

Was in the mood to type a letter of complaint to British Airways re the problems I had check in with my mobility scooter at Gatwick.... Long story which I will update in a separate post.

havnt yet got on top of budget, however today.

I cancelled tastecard

I got a bounced check fee refunded as it was the banks fault....

Spent 25p on a banana to get my free waitrose coffee in the cafe

OH arrived with strawberries and cream.....

See you later.....
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Hello diary and friends

Having a bit of the blues and it's as someone said on another thread "my get up and go has got up and gone"

I am struggling away finance wise, not buying small things like coffee then going made on things like wool

It's nearly a year since I started this diary, and for once I'm not looking forward to my birthday.... As it symbolises another year treading water
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Sorry to hear you feel that way. On the positive though, treading water is better than going under!

Hugs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Morning all

Well it's over a year since I started my diary and so it's nearly Life begins at 46!

Just re read my first post. Full of hope and I need to start reflecting on this as I go into my next year...

Haven't been feeling that positive in the last few months hence I have not posted however.. I am determined I want to write a book

#DoItBetter

So I have decided to focus each day on this from my birthday (9/9) and document it in some way each day..on social media. To them use it as a basis for a book.

I need some incentive and I need my friends on here to keep me going.
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi BM :) You should still post on here even if you don't feel positive. I find it helps to get things off your chest and there is always a sympathetic ear or two on here. Here's to a fresh start at 46.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I must admit I dont post on my diary when not feeling positive.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Thanks Ladies.... I am going to try and be better !

Beanielou just found your diary... Will start reading and catching up with everyone's...

So Monday morning again.... And I am feeling very sore :o

I have a very sore body having caught my toe in my pj bottoms and went first into the end of the bed and then onto the hard laminate floor yesterday morning :eek::eek:

Ironical really as my birthday present arrived unexpectantly on Thursday night a kitten... And she's a bundle of energy :rotfl:

So yesterday was far quieter than was expected as instead of going to the gin distillery ( tour pressie from Dad) I stayed home and cat sit. Which wasn't too troublesome :p

I have an old cat Mr G who is laid back and cool and Little Miss Skippy who is still really unsure of her big brother. Currently watching her with arched back on arm of sofa, looking down at him, who is curled up on the floor next to it - snoring!

My OH has had his heart melted not quite sure whose cat she is ;)

Today is going to be a catch up day today... I read something about planning on SunAddict page need to go back and remind myself...

Aim for today... To record on here plan of action...
    Fake it, to you Make It

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure