Which Tattoo studio is best in scotland?

Options

Comments

• Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Options
    Thats a big question!

No it isn't.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    I've also been very impressed with the work of Sarah Street from Tribe in Edinburgh. Although she may have recently moved to a new studio.
    Sarah did two of mine and she was amazing!

I think she has moved from there though...
  • xnikkix
    xnikkix Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I go to Petes in Dalkeith near Edinburgh. He is spot on, very clean and well priced. I wouldnt go anywhere else. xx

Pete's is where folk from school would go in 2nd year to get their tattoos.

I know several people who've had really good work done at Love Hate in Edinburgh http://www.lovehatetattoo.co.uk/
    I'm hoping to go there soon but I just can't decide on a design!

Nikki
  • Elsinor
    Options
    I use a guy in Forfar.Its called Angus Ink.I think he is excellent and recommend him to everyone-especially if they ask about my tattoos!!
    Most of his work is freehand but he can do just about anything...you will have have to phone and book though,I booked a sess for my mum's partner before Christmas...he had his done today.I booked myself in today and couldnt get a sess til middle of March.

Some others I know of but not had work done by
    Liquorice in Kirriemuir...ask for Katy,what ive seen of her work has been good
    Ink Minx in Montrose..ask for Judy,excellent at fine detail
    Tribal Scribe,Dundee not sure
    Ink Demons,Dundee not sure
    Yankee Tattoo,Dundee some really cool stuff
    Draconian,Aberdeen,think its still appointment only heard all good things
    Richards,Aberdeen not sure
    Hope this helps a little.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elsinor wrote: »
    Ink Minx in Montrose..ask for Judy,excellent at fine detail

Yup - She did some work on me when she was at Draconian. Good work!

:)
  • peediedj
    peediedj Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Options
    theres a new guy opened in inverness,i tried him hes very good,also got one from studio 13 in edinburgh,just of royal mile they were good also
    Live in my shoes for a week,then tell me your lifes hard!
  • Hush-Puppy
    Options
    I wouldn't particularly recommend Pete's. The work is ok but they are not really very professional. Me and DH have both had a fair few in there (when we were younger and dafter) ... you don't get much of a say in design/placement/size/fonts etc, it's very "in and out as quick as possible".

Love Hate has just changed it's name to Love Ink. They are part of the Miami Ink crew (franchise or whatever). DH is having a new tatt done in there on Saturday evening - I'll report back!

Hushy
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure". :o

- Nelson Mandela.
  • lady_isa
    lady_isa Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    I second Terry's in Glasgow.

Had all mine done there, i wanted one recoloured but the chap would not do it as he said the colour was fine, rather than make money by just doing it.
  • starlight_xx
    Options
    Id recommend Terry's as well. Got mine done about 13 years ago there and it still looks fantastic
  • Miss_Liquorice
    Options
    frugallass wrote: »
    Terry's in Glasgow has a good reputation - they do have a website - they didn't do appointments when I was last there a couple of years ago

They're very clean and the banter is great and 2 years down the line my tattoo looks brand new

The only thing I didn't like is the 'open plan' studio - I'd have preferred a bit of privacy - maybe they do offer that but I wasn't aware of it

I have three tattoos, and only one has come from Terry's, and I would never go back. Squinty lines (that don't even join!), smudged work, and a generally awful service - really not a nice experience. My boyfriend's tattoo from there is squint, and I know for a fact they don't ID - I know a 14 year old who has been tattooed there which doesn't fill me with confidence that they follow other rules.

I'd recommend Blancolo's on Union Street - I visited them when they had studios at the Savoy Centre and again when under Central Station bridge, they made my tattoo experiences delightful and I am so proud of and delighted with their work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure