SOA - SOSI think I'm stuck and in trouble

Hi there,

This is also my first post and am just as nervous and it's not just about posting my first post. I've just read on Martins web site to stay away from debt free companies that advertise on TV. Unfortunately my partner and I have recently entered into an IVA with debt free direct, now I feel it would have been better for me to go down the bankruptcy route but am to nervous to ring them. They started off very helpful then became less and less so the closer it got to the actually entering into it. Eventually when i rang to query some paperwork before signing anything they just said "well it's to late to change anything now!"

I'm worried that there's something i've missed in the contract that i don't understand and they'll charge me a shed load of money or, if they support me through a bankruptcy they'll charge me a shed load of money. Should I declare voluntary bankruptcy and go it alone.

In anticipation of some sane advice

C
254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)

Comments

• I would suggest contacting Payplan or CCCS - they will be able to help you with debt advice and won't charge you for it. I think your situation is fairly complex so you would be best getting professional advice asap.

Tamara
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    im not sure but a judge will only grant bankrupcty if if its your only opption if you are allready in a iva and can aford that iva you would be lucky to get a judge to cancle that iva in favour of bankrupcty phone cccs they will give you more information on bankrupctys and iva
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • Thanks for the swift reply. The trouble is i can't afford to keep up the payments of IVA. the monthly payments are pretty much the same as when i wasn't in an IVA.

I'll give payplan and cccs a call and see what they say.

Cheers guys

Oh, what does SOA stand for? I was told to put that in the title
    254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business