PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Dustykitten
Dustykitten Posts: 16,503
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 6 December 2012 at 9:46PM in Old style MoneySaving
Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Link to last week's thread

There are 3 levels per day with Level 1 being very basic, level 2 in the middle, up to 3 which is more advanced and time consuming. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
Level Two
Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
Wipe and water plants
Level Three
Wash the windows
Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
International Airmail
Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
Level One

Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
Find and wipe the worksurfaces
Level Two
Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt
Sort the cupboard under the sink
Level Three
Wipe the table, including the legs
Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones

Extras
Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
Level One

Strip the bedding and get it washed
30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!!
Level Two
vacuum the landing and floor
Clear and dust one flat surface
Clean the windows
Level Three
HHI
Collect all the dirty laundry from upstairs

Extras
Sort out any extra bedding you will need for overnight guests. Check you have spare tights for any parties.
Does your 'special occasion' watch need a new battery?
Clean any jewellery to make it sparkle

Thursday - Rooms of Doom or just neglected spaces
Level One

Make half an hour for yourself
HH sorting, filing, flinging, putting away
Level Two
Vacuum through the rooms that need it
Wash any soft furnishings that require freshening (cushion covers)
Level Three
Sort out your handbag - I had 15 pencils in mine
Clean out any bins.. and do a binbag dance!!
Wipe keyboards, phones, games controllers etc

Extras
Write a list of all store cupboard items you need to top up, sauces, salt and pepper, pasta, rice, cereals, Tbags etc plus anything you need for Festive baking
Update remaining present lists

Friday - bathroom, study/desk
Level One

Clean the loo and the bath and the shower and the basins!
Defragment PC and run spyware scans while scrubbing
Level Two
Wash windows
HH in your ROD
Level Three
Wash bathmats/shower curtain
HHPaperwork
Extras
Replace any sponges/flannels/toothbrushes etc that need it
throw out any empty bottles.. decant dribbles into fuller bottles - make sure your have enough stock of everything to last the month, including tissues and cold relief, don't forget the cream for the Rudolf nose - festive but sore
The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the list, Dusty, and I'm in again.
    Better is good enough.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the list Dusty (and to Natty for last week), count me in.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Thank you.
    I'm in.
    Last week went to pot!

Lisa x
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2012 at 7:49PM
    Thanks ladies, I'm in. WFH tomorrow so will do a bit tonight, and more at lunchbreak.

Just watching my eb@ys finish...

See you tomorrow, fevva dusters at the ready!

ETA a pair of wellies has sold for more than the excellent condition clarks little girls ankle boots. How bizarre, lol. FLING! Hurrah. I didn't really care I just want them out!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you Dusty and Natty for last week.

I'm in. Concentrating on living room until Wednesday x
  • Hi there. Sorry I've been missing but I've not had chance to post, OH still poorly and I've been busy catching up after my illness last week.

But, today, flypeople, I have flown! Pleased with myself, as I put my teacher planning into progress and chose some important Aims and Objectives and more than completed them! In fact, that's what flying does - makes you select and work to a set time.

Anyway, I've cleaned, changed bed, washed, done Christmas wrapping for folk I'm seeing next week, and to post (thanks Dorajar, you reminded me!). Also done paperwork for work and roast dinner, which us now ready! One meal for now and one for Tuesday!!

Good vibes all round, off I go to make gravy, and see you next week! R x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,402
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Dusty, and thanks to Natty for last week's - I'm hoping to achieve most of the list, but...
    Last week went to pot!

So did mine! And this week isn't looking hopeful either, with daytime meetings on four days out of five and an evening meeting on the other. I can't leave all the flying till Saturday either as we're out doing the badges for the Santa Specials again :eek:

I have finished shredding 2 years' worth of invoices today and almost filled the dustbin :D

Now off to pack up my eB@y sales - fling, kerching! :T - and a Secret Santa present ;)

Glad to say that DS1's school got a good OFSTED result :)
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hoping to join in this week..was away with coach last week ..lovely hotel in Llandudno

I am out every day next week I think, so aiming for level 2...2 LOs still covered in chicken pox so not sure when they will be back at school/nursery...BabyD isnt as spotty but very tired...not eating a lot still..LOs spots are very sore and red:(
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    I'm in again, even if I only get a few small bits done it will be something at least!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Hi All

I dont know how i have only just stumbled across this forum!!! I am sooooo in on this challenge if thats ok??
    Ive never done anything like this before and am really looking forward to starting some challenges and getting up todate on some much needed cleaning, sorting and moneysaving.............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure