PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No need to apologise bob .... I am not fully vegetarian ( ok I know that sounds daft) I will eat meat occasionally I just prefer vegetarian food ... Am writting this on my I phone as my lap top dingle thing isn't working I had so much stuff I wanted to do on the laptop as well .... Am sitting here thinking about various things I can do ... I am thinking about putting £1.50 a day by into a seperate account for toilet roll toothpaste etc etc and topping up once a month on all that stuff .... I do think £1.50 a day is too much but it is a good place to start .... The plan so far is to lift money once a week and keep it in a tub to do us .... Spending diary and recuepts etc will go in tub as well .... Once a week/ month the books will be balanced so to speak .... What do you think?
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't offer you any cooking advice, but just wanted to say hello. :D How are you hun? :)

Actually tell a lie, can help with hubbies meals. :think:

Batch cook. It's a god send. You only have to wash up once then. :T

I do spag bol. Alot. Mince, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, few herbs, lemon juice (optional), and a squeeze of tom puree. A 800g pot/dish whatever you call it of mince will last me 5/6 meals. Then you only have to cook the spaghetti when you get in and the bol takes 4 minutes or so in the microwave from frozen.

That's me sorted for a week. :rotfl:
  • elantan
    Options
    Hey handsome boy have I missed u .... I like the sound of this batch cooking I think maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if iset one day aside for cooking and cleaning ( apparently your meant to do that weekly atleast lol) how's the flat going? You enjoying your own space?
  • southernscouser
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    Hey handsome boy have I missed u .... I like the sound of this batch cooking I think maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if iset one day aside for cooking and cleaning ( apparently your meant to do that weekly atleast lol) how's the flat going? You enjoying your own space?

It's a god send. I cook properly only one night a week when working. The other nights are all frozen. :D Batch cook on a day off. Do 2/3 things and you can be sorted for weeks. :)

Flat is good ta. Costing me an arm and leg. :doh: Nearly been here a year! :eek: Due to renew soon. Don't know where the time has gone! :undecided

How's things your end? You still working crazy hours? :naughty:
  • elantan
    Options
    Yes and no .... Handed my notice in on one job as it was getting too much .... Week later they were given redundancy notice ..... Guess who didn't get a penny ( typical of my luck) have been doing overtime in other job to try and make up ... But that is gonna stop as for some reason they don't want to pay the money for qualified staff ... Did first year at Uni ( could write a book on that subject alone) but other than that nothing much has changed .... A full year eh ... Boy time does fly so fast you still mbing?
  • southernscouser
    Options
    Arghh, how's your luck? :(

Blimey girl, you're certainly keeping yourself busy! :eek:

Slowly getting back into the MB. Not done any for a couple of months but now the footy is starting again I'll be picking it up. You still doing it?
  • elantan
    Options
    Na to be honest I havnt had time for anything at all .... Will see what is out there though and maybe get back at it ..
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gawd - you're working hard arent you Elantan? Whew...makes me feel tired thinking about it.....

I dont "know" you myself - so I may be asking summat that others have asked about/you have explained about before....but ...is O.H. "on board" on this? You're doing all that work and studying - is he doing his bit (ie shopping/housework/etc)?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just popped in to update my signature, purchased cat food and meat for the dog. 'Life would be a lot cheaper without our critters, but much more boring
    Cheers
  • elantan
    edited 15 July 2009 at 10:09AM
    Options
    That is a kinda yes and no answer ..... He works as well and cooks ( he enjoys it and is good at it) he does alot of the house work aswell .... But the money side well that ain't going too good .... It's the same with eBay etc .... He is a marvellous husband that totally loves me but sometimes he digs his heels in and there is no budging him..... Money eBay etc being them...he also is an alcoholic so this will be fun trying to stick to a budget and still manage his drink lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure