You have not been scammed/ripped off by Ryanair if...

Comments

• Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Great posting, says it all.
  • WickedWolfie
    WickedWolfie Posts: 234 Forumite
    mira666 wrote: »
    very possibly, but they would argue that in the case of extreme weather they are not liable, its just not totally clear from their own TLC's

I actually have some sympathy with any airline when it comes to extreme weather (but not say heavy snow in Norway in winter which is eminently predictable!). However their FAQ answer seems to get very close to breaking the law, particularly the phrase "unexpected flight safety problems" which seems very close to what has already been ruled on in teh European Court. See:

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/news/hx-travel/airlines-must-pay-for-flight-cancellations-11501.html

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    There seems a reluctance for this to be stickied ... just bumping it up again so someone may take notice ... perhaps when they move over the flight threads that are still being posted on the main board? ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I actually have some sympathy with any airline when it comes to extreme weather (but not say heavy snow in Norway in winter which is eminently predictable!).

It's also eminently predictable that if it's bad enough it will cause disruption whatever countermeasures you have taken.

What's not predictable is whether it will fall at your flight time or not.
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    There seems a reluctance for this to be stickied ... just bumping it up again so someone may take notice ... perhaps when they move over the flight threads that are still being posted on the main board? ;)

Even if it's stickied, I doubt people will read it before complaining about RIPOFF SCAMS!
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Maybe that is because of the flippant way it has been presented.

Maybe if the OP could change the title and 'paraphrase' her writing it might happen.

But frankly, her tone is condescending. So quite rightly it doesn't deserve billing as an 'official' moneysaving guide.

My advice would be to post the 'Top Tips' on to a seperate thread.
  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Donnie wrote: »
    Maybe that is because of the flippant way it has been presented.

Maybe if the OP could change the title and 'paraphrase' her writing it might happen.

But frankly, her tone is condescending. So quite rightly it doesn't deserve billing as an 'official' moneysaving guide.

My advice would be to post the 'Top Tips' on to a seperate thread.

What you interpret as 'condescending' i interpret as tongue in cheek.

What you decide 'doesn't deserve being a sticky' three pages of users think should.

Do you think perhaps it could be you?
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    I agree 100% that this should be a 'sticky'.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Either way, it would stand a much better chance if the Top Tips were in a seperate thread.

Take an example from the Tech forum. The information is not presented in a condescending/tongue-in-cheek manner.

Not everyone understands the best way to make things work. It certainly does not mean that they are "stupid".

Three pages of users?? Now you're believing your own hype.

Some of the information is useful, some of it is flippant and condescending.

I appreciate the way it was written, but personally I don't think that it should be a 'sticky' in it's current format.

Seperate the 'Top Tips' as suitable for a 'sticky', if the information isn't already contained on an existing thread and keep the "....ripped off" thread for suggestions and 'humour'.
    JMO.
  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Donnie wrote: »
    Either way, it would stand a much better chance if the Top Tips were in a seperate thread.

Take an example from the Tech forum. The information is not presented in a condescending/tongue-in-cheek manner.

Not everyone understands the best way to make things work. It certainly does not mean that they are "stupid".

Three pages of users?? Now you're believing your own hype.

Some of the information is useful, some of it is flippant and condescending.

I appreciate the way it was written, but personally I don't think that it should be a 'sticky' in it's current format.

Seperate the 'Top Tips' as suitable for a 'sticky', if the information isn't already contained on an existing thread and keep the "....ripped off" thread for suggestions and 'humour'.
    JMO.

You are the condescending one.

You are patronising in your prose and negative in your replies and criticism.

Look over the past 3 (that's right since there are 3 pages to this thread) of the contributions and support. It does seem like you are alone in your views.

Really you are nothing other than a self appointed moderator.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure