jsa bank holiday payment??

Comments

• richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    monday is NOT a working day nowt to do with dwp its the banks clearing system the payments recived saturday will have 31/5/11 on them same as any direct debit payments will be deducted with 31/5/11 on them
  • zam121
    zam121 Posts: 99 Forumite
    just to let every1 know recieved payment of jsa today,well saturday.so it does go in early

hanging judge?????????????
  • Welshdebtor
    Welshdebtor Posts: 628 Forumite
    Fed up of saying this now :D

I get paid JSA the same days as the OP plus also bank with the same bank. So I am using my own first hand experience.

Due to the bank holidays and the fact DWP release funds early, the bank makes the money available Friday evening-Saturday morning.

However the bank will often date it as Tuesdays date.

This tactic also applies to any payment made using the BACS system, such as wages. The timescale varies on both your bank and how far down the list you are as they work through the inputting. So one bank holiday you may get paid by 10pm Friday night, the next by 6am Saturday morning.
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • Welshdebtor
    zam121 wrote: »
    just to let every1 know recieved payment of jsa today,well saturday.so it does go in early

hanging judge?????????????

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Was longing for you to come and prove I was right :D
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • zam121
    zam121 Posts: 99 Forumite
    he kept going on and on. still waiting for him to reply. lol
  • Welshdebtor
    Forgot to mention richard was right as well not just me :T
  • I signed on a Thursday for JSA and will post what happens
  • Your JSA is normally released by BACS when the JC have input evidence to say that you've been in to sign. It then takes 3 working days to clear into your account.

Because Monday is a bank holiday, it's not a working day and thus this would normally delay the payment by 1 day as a result.

To compensate, the payments are all advanced slightly early so those that would be affected get their payments on time. Thus your payment would have been advance paid on the Wednesday and will be with you on the Tuesday. Only those who signed on Wednesday would get it early on the Friday.

Your bank may credit the money to your account early, but that has nothing to do with the DWP. Your payment day remains Tuesday.
  • hi i am due to sign today on easter monday so was just wondering when i wil get my payment i bank with nationwide. thanks
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    on your normal payday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills