Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I just cannot get on with Nairn's plain oatcakes. I've tried them on the baby and she spits them out (she does this with no other food).
    Plain oatcakes are possibly the plainest, driest food known to man - your little one has good sense. Of all the Nairn's varieties, I don't mind the red ones, which are baked slightly longer. They sometimes have a mega-pack of these in Poundshops.
    Am interested to hear how you find them.
    Will do. The delicious Sesame Seed Thins are in the cracker repository at the moment, but they go quite quickly. :)
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Lidl NI don't stock it full stop :(

sorry, where is NI? If they stock it elsewhere you can ask the store manager, say (each week) that you want it ;) I don't think that Scottish ladies are more prone to baking their own bread compared to wherever you are ;):D it (white and brown bread flours) really is in each Lidl store in our wider area.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    quoia wrote: »
    I love a nice glass of port, providing it's not too oaky

Is this the Maynard's Tawny ?

It was, sorry for the delay in replying .
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    For anyone interested, the Aldi bread flours (white and wholemeal) are back on the shelves after their summer break. :)
  • Aldi cobweb brush is really good. £3.99.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    What's happened to all the peanut butter in Aldi? It's gone!! :(
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Probably due for a competitive change - Lidl went to smaller, plastic jars identical to Aldi's a couple of months ago.

I wonder if we'll get the large, American style jars in Aldi?
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    For anyone interested, the Aldi bread flours (white and wholemeal) are back on the shelves after their summer break. :)

Not for long if the answers on here to it not being on the shelf's is anything to go by.:D

Have we lost 2 months? :eek: I thought their service centre said it will not be on the shelf's until October! ;)
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Happygreen wrote: »
    sorry, where is NI? If they stock it elsewhere you can ask the store manager, say (each week) that you want it ;) I don't think that Scottish ladies are more prone to baking their own bread compared to wherever you are ;):D it (white and brown bread flours) really is in each Lidl store in our wider area.

Lidl NI - Northern Ireland

Lidl IE - Eire

Different products

I have been asking every month for the past two years, in store and by phone. I can buy wheaten , plain, self-raising and whole meal. Can not get strong bread flour and there is no yeast.
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    What's happened to all the peanut butter in Aldi? It's gone!! :(

At the weekend my OH was told by several store managers at 1 store that it's been discontinued. i find that hard to believe but haven't had a chance to check with HO yet and we haven't seen it for months in either of our local stores. It seems ridiculous that they would get rid of such a popular and basic product so just wonder if it's not so popular in Summer and they're resting it?? Anyway i find it strange
    HTH someone
    :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family