I couldn't find a thread that lists legit agencies that help with claims?

Options
For the busier/lazier ones of us, I don't mind losing 25% of the claim money, so I'm surprised there isn't a sticky/pinned thread that points to legitimate companies that handle the claim for you.

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    Most People use Bottonline or EuClaim but it is quite straight forward to claim your self. What were your flight details and the reason for your delay.
  • marcosdjcm
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm asking on behalf of a friend and they tried using FlightReclaim but were put off when they were asked for bank details.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    never heard of them I used Bottonline they are the leading solicitors when it comes to Compensation
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Claim companies fall into two categories, Claim Assistance and Solicitors.

Only solicitors can issue proceedings themselves and run test cases which can, and do, result in precedent setting court cases such as Dawson and Huzar. Both of these important cases were won by Bott & Co solicitors.

Hundreds of Claim Assistance companies have sprung up on the back of these hard fought cases. At least one of these companies now seems to have disappeared, along with many claimants compensation. They are not regulated in the same way that solicitors are.

One would imagine that assistance co fees would be substantially less than a NWNF solicitor, but that is not the case either.

Anyone looking for for a company to handle their claim should be aware of these facts before coming to a decision.

Much of this has been discussed previously here....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4703719

As most regulars know, Bott & Co won my case for me after a two year battle through the courts. I'm sure there are many other good solicitors available, but not any I have had any personal experience of.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure