Creation Everyday Credit Card

I received a week ago a SMS telling me:

Congratulations, your Everyday Credit Card application has been accepted and your card will be with you shortly. Call us on ..... when it arrives so you can start using it straight away.

2 quick questions

(1) If you received a similar SMS when you applied for this one - how long did it take afterwards for you to receive the card?

(2) What's the ATM daily limit for withdrawals? Are the rates similar to Halifax Clarity?

Thanks!

Comments

• cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jumperabv3 wrote: »
    I received a week ago a SMS telling me:

Congratulations, your Everyday Credit Card application has been accepted and your card will be with you shortly. Call us on ..... when it arrives so you can start using it straight away.

2 quick questions

(1) If you received a similar SMS when you applied for this one - how long did it take afterwards for you to receive the card?

(2) What's the ATM daily limit for withdrawals? Are the rates similar to Halifax Clarity?

Thanks!

Shouldn't it tell you on their website
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    £300 daily limit, £500 per week. MasterCard exchange rates, same as Clarity.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    eDicky wrote: »
    £300 daily limit, £500 per week. MasterCard exchange rates, same as Clarity.

Thank you.
  • Received my card a few days after the sms (i think 3).
    Got the card to use on holiday in Thailand. It needs to be said though for anyone planning to use this only for ATM withdrawals its not worth it! Take travellers cheques instead. I've just had problem after problem trying to draw money with the creation card.
    I was told i would have a £1500 limit. Great, I thought i could just use this to make ATM withdrawls for my whole holiday and pay it when I return to the UK. What they dont tell you initially is that they limit you to a cash balance of £450 and I only found this while on holiday and not able to withdraw any more cash. After two £8 phone calls back to the UK we got to the bottom of the problem. So the next issue is pay off the balance then wait 2 days for it to process. In the mean time? (Well i guess I'm lucky i also had my debit card which meant £10 extra in fees per transaction, all because creation DID NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.
    I even paid £1000 into the account (so a credit account was in credit) so that I would be able yo draw more cash. They clearly have a big issue with there system as I still had £550 in credit on the account but it still limited me to £450 in ATM withdrawals until i made a payment. (Their system does not allow you to make a payment if your account is £0 or in credit!)
    Once I'm back to the UK creation will be receiving a very nasty complaint from me and i don't think it worthwhile at all holding the account open for it to just cause problems and extra fees because i haven't been able to use their card!
    I think other people thinking of getting one of these cards need to know this information. (Creation obviously want to try to maximise there fees/interest profit by causing customers these problems)
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231
    Forumite
    d1ddyd wrote: »
    Received my card a few days after the sms (i think 3).
    Got the card to use on holiday in Thailand. It needs to be said though for anyone planning to use this only for ATM withdrawals its not worth it! Take travellers cheques instead. I've just had problem after problem trying to draw money with the creation card.
    I was told i would have a £1500 limit. Great, I thought i could just use this to make ATM withdrawls for my whole holiday and pay it when I return to the UK. What they dont tell you initially is that they limit you to a cash balance of £450 and I only found this while on holiday and not able to withdraw any more cash. After two £8 phone calls back to the UK we got to the bottom of the problem. So the next issue is pay off the balance then wait 2 days for it to process. In the mean time? (Well i guess I'm lucky i also had my debit card which meant £10 extra in fees per transaction, all because creation DID NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.
    I even paid £1000 into the account (so a credit account was in credit) so that I would be able yo draw more cash. They clearly have a big issue with there system as I still had £550 in credit on the account but it still limited me to £450 in ATM withdrawals until i made a payment. (Their system does not allow you to make a payment if your account is £0 or in credit!)
    Once I'm back to the UK creation will be receiving a very nasty complaint from me and i don't think it worthwhile at all holding the account open for it to just cause problems and extra fees because i haven't been able to use their card!
    I think other people thinking of getting one of these cards need to know this information. (Creation obviously want to try to maximise there fees/interest profit by causing customers these problems)

If I'm looking to make a cash withdrawal it would be probably something like every few weeks and not several transactions but one, I was just wondering what's the limit of that single transaction.

Sorry to hear you had troubles with them.
  • d1ddyd wrote: »
    Received my card a few days after the sms (i think 3).

Did you read the leaflet that came with the card?
    I guarantee you that the information would have been in there.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    I've just been accepted for this card, they have an eligibility check to see if your likely to be accepted. It said I was eligible and it was approved immediately plus creation seem quite generous with their limits and the don't seem to worry about searches, I've had 5 in 6 months and they still accepted with the standard APR 12.9%

The cash limit is 30% of your credit limit, I only know this as I've got another creation card and it on the statement.
  • expl0rer
    expl0rer Posts: 112
    Forumite
    I received a similar text a week ago. No card yet. I'm wondering if you've received yours yet and how long it took?
    MFW 2015: £172K; Oct 2019: £143K
  • (1) If you received a similar SMS when you applied for this one - how long did it take afterwards for you to receive the card?
    Originally posted by jumperabv3
    expl0rer wrote: »
    I received a similar text a week ago. No card yet. I'm wondering if you've received yours yet and how long it took?

I've had an email two days ago and a similar text from them today, so I'm hoping they won't take too long about it as we're going away soon and I'd like to get the thing set up and running before we go.

Their website says the card and pin should be received within 7 - 10 working days.
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • expl0rer
    expl0rer Posts: 112
    Forumite
    Got my card last Friday. No PIN though. When I called the number on the card to activate it, I was told they'd issue a PIN reminder to the PIN sending department. Hope it arrives this week.
    MFW 2015: £172K; Oct 2019: £143K
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport