Must stop spending

Options

Comments

• Jumblerina
    Options
    You're doing so well LMSTM :) really racking up those NSD's and how exciting to be planning ahead for a little one :) we're doing the same with a little savings account, towards the bills and childcare costs ahead of time so we don't need to worry.
  • Thanks Jumblerina! I'm really trying to be good. Its hard because originally we wanted to move before having a baby but it just doesn't look like we will be able to any time soon and I don't want that to stop us from starting a family. We will make do.
    I just want to get this debt cleared asap I'm so impatient! x
    May 2015: £11685.56 / November 2017: £2076
    Credit card: £302
    Paid back : £700 / £2476
  • Still haven't spent any money since Saturday :j
    I plan to keep it that way today but tomorrow is another team lunch with work.

I've got £97 in my account to last me until pay day. This should be enough if I keep up with these NSD's. If I have any money left over by payday I'm going to move it over to my Christmas fund :)
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel LMSTM - I'm a perfectionist with an impatient streak :rotfl: and it's so hard to wait and plan! You'll get there :) great work on the NSD's, they make all the difference.
  • Yay it's Friday :j
    But OMG loudest thunderstorm last night :eek: it's still going on now. I'm so tired.

Kept up with my NSD streak yesterday and looks like today will be one too as the team lunch has been cancelled :)
    Found out yesterday so I made my usual packed lunch to take to work.

Going to a friends for dinner tonight so will take a bottle of wine we have on our rack. I rarely drink so we always accumulate bottles throughout the year.

Tomorrow will be gym and house work and Sunday we have tickets to watch our local football team.

Apart from a food shop I'm hoping for a low spend weekend :)

Roll on 5pm!
  • Happy Monday everyone :(
    Where did the weekend go?

So my NSD streak is over but I haven't gone too mad with the spending...

Friday night cost us £7.50 for a taxi home which my husband paid for.
    On Saturday I spent £6 on food and £3.50 on a new brake light bulb for my husbands car.
    Yesterday I spent £7 on needed toiletries. All of which were on offer :j

This morning I topped up my oyster with £55 which will see me through to pay day next week.
    My online banking hasn't updated with my weekend spends yet but I think I have at least £25 to last me to pay day. I hope!

No big plans this week so hopefully I should have money left over at the end of the month which I will move to my Christmas fund.

Our friends asked us to go the cinema with them tomorrow eve which then turned into dinner and cinema. We just can't do it. I've never been a fan of cinema prices and for that reason rarely go unless it's a big film which you need to see on a big screen. I also try to avoid group meals in restaurants as I hate splitting bills. Luckily they haven't it mentioned again since Friday but if they ask again I will just have to say we are saving for our honeymoon and can't afford it.

8 days till pay day....
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone :(
    Where did the weekend go?

So my NSD streak is over but I haven't gone too mad with the spending...

Friday night cost us £7.50 for a taxi home which my husband paid for.
    On Saturday I spent £6 on food and £3.50 on a new brake light bulb for my husbands car.
    Yesterday I spent £7 on needed toiletries. All of which were on offer :j

This morning I topped up my oyster with £55 which will see me through to pay day next week.
    My online banking hasn't updated with my weekend spends yet but I think I have at least £25 to last me to pay day. I hope!

No big plans this week so hopefully I should have money left over at the end of the month which I will move to my Christmas fund.

Our friends asked us to go the cinema with them tomorrow eve which then turned into dinner and cinema. We just can't do it. I've never been a fan of cinema prices and for that reason rarely go unless it's a big film which you need to see on a big screen. I also try to avoid group meals in restaurants as I hate splitting bills. Luckily they haven't it mentioned again since Friday but if they ask again I will just have to say we are saving for our honeymoon and can't afford it.

8 days till pay day....

Cinema prices are extortionate aren't they! I think any friends would understand that money is tight as you are saving for a honeymoon! Where are you going?
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Well done on your NSD's LMSTM :) and keeping to the budget, it will be payday before you know it!
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cinema prices are awful! We used Tesco vouchers for our cinema this weekend!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Cinema prices are extortionate aren't they! I think any friends would understand that money is tight as you are saving for a honeymoon! Where are you going?

Thanks clearmydebts! Yeh so expensive! It just seems all our friends have endless supplies of cash at the moment :( I feel embarrassed when I say I can't afford something coz I see so many of my friends spending all the time.
    We are going to New York! :j it's all paid for - we just need spending money now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills