Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• THEMONEYSPIDER_2
    THEMONEYSPIDER_2 Posts: 392 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2012 at 7:13AM
    :j:j:j YEAH, THIS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN FEATURED IN MARTINS WEEKLY EMAIL :j:j:j

liz-paul wrote: »
    Remeber though that with paypal and ebay fee's if it sells for 99p you only make about 60p I think. It all adds up though..... Good luck!

I agree, list them on ebay first.

Even with the big fees on 99p sales if you sell the 100 free per month thats an extra £60 :D

You can also list bundles of similar items which seems to appeal better to buyers, so say 5 t shirts together.

you could also try selling bundles of clothes on facebook selling pages, ive not used them myself yet but lots of people seem to do pretty well ~ this is something i need to look into myself :)
    Build your own dreams ~ or someone will hire you to help build theirs
    £10 a day = £335.99 Road Kill Rebel #50 =12P
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OMG i think im getting a sickness bug that seems to be going around. I feel soooo lethargic and sluggish with a horrible pit of the stomach sickly feeling :( So not sure how productive ill be with anything today :(

Just got to ensure my Ebay things get posted out and keep me and the kids alive LOL

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails wrote: »
    OMG i think im getting a sickness bug that seems to be going around. I feel soooo lethargic and sluggish with a horrible pit of the stomach sickly feeling :( So not sure how productive ill be with anything today :(

Just got to ensure my Ebay things get posted out and keep me and the kids alive LOL

Sarah x
    Make sure you rest up too! Ya hear me lol!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • I would love to join this challenge
    My total debt is £5990.33 so my 1% is £60

Could someone also let me know what a 100 square is as I can not see it on the link :)

Thank you :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • lesgeo2012 wrote: »
    Make sure you rest up too! Ya hear me lol!

LOL i think i may have escaped the bug for now. Still tired and lethargic but the sick feeling has died down a little. Hoping a good lunch and some homemade cakes will help :)

Just done the post run and the youngest is now napping so got Harry potter on for the eldest (3 going on 13 lol) and think i may start my Xmas list see what i can make/buy cheaply that looks expensive lol So far ive got part of my nans present and most of the kids' stuff (just stockings to do now), Not got baby anything yet as ill just get her clothes in the sale after Xmas :) and a few stocking fillers from the other kids.

I had a potential money making idea in the car and sods law, can i think of it now??!! Crud :o Oooh it might be totally mad and not sure if id need a licence or anything but i always crave chocolate/sweets/fizzy drinks in the evening but CBA going out, i was wondering if there was any scope for a sort of takeaway chocolate shop that delivers? Obviously things would be dearer than the shops and id need to add a delivery charge but wondering if it would be do-able for Evenings, obviously the husband would need to be home. Might be able to do things like Milk/tea and essentials too. Is it bonkers?

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Hi :)

Hope you had a great day yesterday craftingmad.

I had ordered one of those clothes bags but thanks to liz-paul and sapanga I am going to look at ebay instead/compared with :D
    PAID OFF FEB 2014 - £62.00
    PAID OFF MAR 2014 - £53.54
    PAID OFF APR 2014 - £47.00
    PAID OFF MAY 2014 - £62.80
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    happytails wrote: »
    I had a potential money making idea in the car and sods law, can i think of it now??!! Crud :o Oooh it might be totally mad and not sure if id need a licence or anything but i always crave chocolate/sweets/fizzy drinks in the evening but CBA going out, i was wondering if there was any scope for a sort of takeaway chocolate shop that delivers? Obviously things would be dearer than the shops and id need to add a delivery charge but wondering if it would be do-able for Evenings, obviously the husband would need to be home. Might be able to do things like Milk/tea and essentials too. Is it bonkers?

Sarah x

Creating convenience for people is never bonkers. But asking frugal people if they'd spend more on chocolate to save them walking down the road may not be the demographic you're looking to appeal to :D.
  • Hi everyone,

Thanks for all my birthday wishes - I went out for a lovely meal at a local restaurant with my two kids and parents (hubby was working). It was lovely - despite me having to pick up the £50 bill!!!! :o

As my parents have been down for the last few days I have not managed to get any crafting done - so when they go home today I have a very long list that I must get cracking onas I have craft fairs on both Sat and Sun this week - :eek:
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • happytails wrote: »
    LOL i think i may have escaped the bug for now. Still tired and lethargic but the sick feeling has died down a little. Hoping a good lunch and some homemade cakes will help :)

Just done the post run and the youngest is now napping so got Harry potter on for the eldest (3 going on 13 lol) and think i may start my Xmas list see what i can make/buy cheaply that looks expensive lol So far ive got part of my nans present and most of the kids' stuff (just stockings to do now), Not got baby anything yet as ill just get her clothes in the sale after Xmas :) and a few stocking fillers from the other kids.

Sarah x
    I think thats a great idea, what about a 'movie night sweetie pack'. Lots of goodies, chocs and popcorn and some fizzy drink! All in a goodie box! In fact this would be a good idea for kids party packs too!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Motoko - the 100 square thing is: Some of us who like a visual aid have taken large sheets of paper and put a 10x10 grid on it (mine is actually more than that cos I couldn't do it to only have 100 squares - doh!) and each time we pay off 1% we colour in a square. I have mine stuck on the wall for all to see :D
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills