Now TV feedback discussion

Comments

• Jude123 wrote: »
    It is still hanging for me an hour and a half later, don't really want to click back in case it sets it up twice or I miss out on using the code. Can anyone from MSE resolve the issue?

Could you try refreshing the payment page and trying again please Jude123?

If you're still having problems, please let me know and I can see what Now TV say...

MSE Becca
  • MSE_Becca wrote: »
    Could you try refreshing the payment page and trying again please Jude123?

If you're still having problems, please let me know and I can see what Now TV say...

MSE Becca

Same thing happening with me as Jude123, I've tried refreshing but its still the same. If I open another browser I can login with the account details I created, but it says I need to subscribe to watch films.
  • i already have sky TV - so i already have a sky account. now tv uses a sky account. can i use my existing sky account and signup from within there and still get the free cinema tickets etc?

or do i need to signup for a new sky id?

thanks
  • WLITC
    WLITC Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Me too, still stuck on the same page. I'm using IE, perhaps I'll try it later with another browser, but only have IE at work.
  • Now that I have the free trial up and running my first impressions-

There are definitely more up-to-date films on here than on Netflix or Lovefilm (e.g. The Help, The Dictator, Rio, War Horse) although I don't know whether the range of films is bigger or not.

However the quality isn't as good as Netflix/Lovefilm, and there doesn't seem to be a Kindle app.

Also there isn't a 'watch later' list like there is on the other two, where you can go through the recommendations and pick out films that you want to watch. There's a 'My TV' tab, but it shows up films you've already watched which seems a bit useless. I've managed to turn it into a watch later list by playing the first second of the film then exiting, but it seems a bit poor on Sky's part that they hadn't though to make an actual watch later list feature.
  • WLITC
    WLITC Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Okay anyone having the issue of hanging at the payment screen I would suggest use a different broswer. Just did it on my ipad using Safari and its fine. As you will have already registered your account you'll have to login instead of signing up again so be sure to use the MSE link and login in via 'Sign in' option at the top left hand corner of the page. You'll then be on the same page but logged in. Click sign up for the 30 day trial again and it'll take you straiught to the payment page. All my card details were already filled in but greyed out. Paste the code in again and apply and then click to proceed, it should then take you through the final steps including creating a PIN code, etc.
  • I just signed up and all looks good. But one MAJOR drawback ...

You cannot stream NowTV content from your iPad to Apple TV. It simply is not supported.

I appreciate that not everybody wants to do this, but I do not have XBox Live Gold membership and neither do I want to pay for it just to get NowTV content.

For me the service is utterly pointless without this functionality. I signed up about 30 minutes ago and will be getting my cinema tickets and cancelling the subscription at the end of 30 days. They seriously need to get with the times.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Watching my third item so far, via YouView.

Initial log in on YouView was just inputting username and password and I went back to TV and back into it later and didn't need to log in again.

No buffering though do have fast broadband.

All good so far, it's been very quick and easy to set up and use. Quite a lot I want to watch on it (unlike Netflix). But did see on the NowTV forum that someone mentioned there didn't seem as much choice watching through YouView though I haven't checked that to see.

JRR ^ I've used your tip of watching a second or two and going back out to leave choices in the MyTV tab to watch later. Would def like to be able to create a list as I scroll through.
  • tashaminx
    tashaminx Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there,

At the risk of seeming like a dummy I have a question.

I used the code and signed up without issue but was a little put off by the fact it says it's a free 30 day trial and then in brackets says 'note that you will be charged £8.90 on 30th March'. Does everyone else see this?

I think it seems to imply its not really free but £8.90 for the 30 days? I'm sure it's probably just that you get charged that if you don't set your account to auto renew off, but it's doesn't make that too clear and with these kinds of things I get a bit nervous, these big companies are very clever at tricking you into paying for things you thought were free.

please can someone clear this up it's made me nervous!
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tashaminx wrote: »
    Hi there,

At the risk of seeming like a dummy I have a question.

I used the code and signed up without issue but was a little put off by the fact it says it's a free 30 day trial and then in brackets says 'note that you will be charged £8.90 on 30th March'. Does everyone else see this?

I think it seems to imply its not really free but £8.90 for the 30 days? I'm sure it's probably just that you get charged that if you don't set your account to auto renew off, but it's doesn't make that too clear and with these kinds of things I get a bit nervous, these big companies are very clever at tricking you into paying for things you thought were free.

please can someone clear this up it's made me nervous!

New customers shouldn't get charged until the 30th day. (and as long as the auto-renewal is ticked)

You have to keep the auto-renewal in play to benefit from the discounted months after the trial expires.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure