scardy cat seeds, coleus canina

2»

Comments

• FluffityBunny
    FluffityBunny Posts: 222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've just planted on of these scardy cat plants on my front garden and no cat poo in sight yet, they usually get stuck into the freshy dug soil quickly but no signs yet
  • alamo_2
    alamo_2 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Hi we got our coleus plants from ebay it was 6 for £3.75, but have recently got fantastic cat repellent by growing success and got it from b&m bargains, had it down for 4 weeks and i havent had a cat since, it smells awful but its a small price to pay for no cats and its child/pet sate and cost £3 for 500g.
  • FluffityBunny
    FluffityBunny Posts: 222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    well woke up to find a cat had dug a hole next to ours but i can't see any poo, so maybe the scent put it off
  • I've been having cat problems for quite a while now, with neighbours on each side having cats, my garden is neutral ground so they fight and leave little presents everywhere... have tried lots of things, citrus fruit peels, sprays etc... to no avail!

However, recently I started picking up used coffee grounds from my local starbucks as it can be used as a source of nitrogen for plants and plants requiring some acid source like them. Also they're organic matter so will decompose into ground. This seems to work a treat with the repelling cats! I started putting them around my boarder plants and the cats moved into the lawn to do their deposits, but now I've sprinked the grounds onto the grass it's been free from cat faeces for a while! Plus the bonus is that if you love the smell of coffee, your garden will smell for a few days when you water it or it rains.

So why spend money when you can pick up free used coffee grounds from your local Starbucks?

Hope it helps!
  • Harveycat_2
    Harveycat_2 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    floyd wrote: »
    I used an ultrasonic system too and it seemed to work really well until it got rained on very heavily then it started squealing so we had to stop using it. Also, there is a deaf white cat that it doesn't effect

PML!

You need a scarecrow that can do sign language.

Woof! Woof!
  • Harveycat_2
    Harveycat_2 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    r4pt0r wrote: »
    I've been having cat problems for quite a while now, with neighbours on each side having cats, my garden is neutral ground so they fight and leave little presents everywhere... have tried lots of things, citrus fruit peels, sprays etc... to no avail!

However, recently I started picking up used coffee grounds from my local starbucks as it can be used as a source of nitrogen for plants and plants requiring some acid source like them. Also they're organic matter so will decompose into ground. This seems to work a treat with the repelling cats! I started putting them around my boarder plants and the cats moved into the lawn to do their deposits, but now I've sprinked the grounds onto the grass it's been free from cat faeces for a while! Plus the bonus is that if you love the smell of coffee, your garden will smell for a few days when you water it or it rains.

So why spend money when you can pick up free used coffee grounds from your local Starbucks?

Hope it helps!

It doesn't work in Costa. Last time I was there I saw a huge ginger Tom drinking a frappuccino.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure