Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FREE coconut water mini set when buying 3 selected products from Superdrug £1.77
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-coconut-water-mini-set-when-buying-3-selected-products-from-superdrug-2492631
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Evening paw sniffers:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    oh wow...did they interview Tessa?

Think so, I just caught the end of it so will watch on BBC iplayer shortly - it was on the Tyne Tees and Cumbria Look North
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Been out for drinky poos:)

Buy 2 glasses of wine and get the rest of the bottle free. I resisted and just had the one:D

Cheapest wine at Table Table .....a McQuigans red at £4.49....so a bottle for under £9:)

1D8C8706-C92F-448B-9139-2684C6C92559_zpsgmduneyy.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening TM :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    A v S

1x Yollies Strawberry Yogurts Lollies (4X25G) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Perle De Lait Coconut Yogurts (4X125G) £2.00 £1.50
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Sounds like you're describing where I used to live, out in the wilds, no street lights fit a mild or so:eek: I loved it, I loved the walks, the free logs from fallen branches dragged home and sawn into logs.

Where I am now is the edge of town but have a wood and fields just over the road. Plenty of hazel nuts, walnuts in the wild. We've found apple trees and plum trees in another location which I believe once were part of someone's garden, the house long since pulled down and nothing near for miles.

DH found Apple and cherries trees in the roadside near to the A14 roundabout, they aren't fenced off and fir a few years now these apple trees have been our supply for wine making :D

Yes, go out exploring there's plenty of free stuff to be :D
    had but we just have to work to get it

Yes, there were no street lights and I lived about a mile up a track with a gate to the road that was padlocked. Seven years of bliss in my own little wonderland. :D

I miss the stars at night too - not seen any since I left! I know they are still up there, just hidden due to the light pollution here.

Anyway, all this has created clarity and a major resolution. I'm going to sort myself out - and my finances - as best I can with the ultimate goal of moving back to something similar. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    From my own shop earlier

A v W

Alpro go yog free with coupon doesn't show on APG

Used a womble and £2 back on COS:)

1x The Collective Chocolate Orange Yogurt (450G) £2.00 £1.75
    1x The Collective Raspberry Yogurt (450G) £2.00 £1.75
    1x Yeo Valley Organic Raspberry & Passion Fruit Yogurt (450G) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Yeo Valley Black Cherry Yogurt (450G) £1.00 £1.00
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening TM :wave:

Good evening bubbs:)

Are you watching the Dressage........it's sending me to sleep:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You would need a legal agreement with your oh before you sell. I believe you can have your divorce finances sorted (used to be called form E) and not have to get divorced if you don't want to.
    In most cases the money you have cleared of the mortgage since your oh left would be credited to you from sale of house and I believe you should be entitled to half his pension earnt in the years you lived as man and wife. Oh is also entitled to half any private or work pension you built up in your years together.
    So to be honest you could be a lot better off if you get finances on a legal footing. Would there be enough equity in your house to be mortgage free if you downsized. Does your oh have his own house .
    Also wills need to be made.

You would be best going to see a solicitor on a free or reduced fee half hour and finding out where you stand. Your oh pension could be used as leverage towards the house but you need to know what you would be entitled to from it should you go for half of it.
    A professional will be best placed to help. So many do a no fee introduction.

hth

V x

Hopefully there would be enough for me to buy a small flat outright after selling if we split the money in on the basis of s valuation from 2008 when he left taking into account what was on the mortgage then If the house sold for about £210000 ( house 2 doors up just sold for 220000 and I am only house in the road with a rear drive with room for 2 cars ) then by my reckoning he would have 50000 and I would get about 125000. I have a very small pension private pension and he has a final salary Royal Mail one ( about 150 per week and mine would be about 50 per week )
    I am planning to spend next few weeks decluttering and having some decorating done and then hopefully put house on the market in the autumn.
    Would really like to be mortgage free by next year so I can cut my hours at work, take some more freelance bookkeeping and start s small internet sales business with dd that would help her and see me through to retirement in 3 years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure