Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    So pleased Mr SA saw the GP and hopefully he will improve quickly when the antibiotics kick in. It must have been such a worry for you, glad it's nothing sinister.

On the bright side, bed rest is better for your bank balance :D Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind Lucky - a coffee shop/pub lunch free weekend :) Every cloud ....
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased Mr SA saw the GP and hopefully he will improve quickly when the antibiotics kick in. It must have been such a worry for you, glad it's nothing sinister.

On the bright side, bed rest is better for your bank balance :D Xx

From me too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of well wishes to Mr SA but happy to hear you could possibly have a coffee/pub free weekend

X
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Not really any signs of improvement yet with Mr SA - he's been sick this morning and still sleeping all the time. He's been managing to get up for an hour or so at night and he's been eating his evening meal which is a plus point.

Need to sort out finances now, see what's what (give myself a fright). Payday next Tuesday but anything spare is going on paying off the holiday. Weight wise have stayed the same, which I'm pleased about as went a bit awry after Monday. I'm absolutely exhausted looking after Mr SA, walking to and from work then taking the dog out and doing everything on my own. On Thursday my Fitbit clocked up just over 25,000 steps for the day!

Priority for this weekend is to get everything out of freezer and menu plan around what's there - it's so chockablock that's the next 6 months taken care of. Must stop buying reduced stuff.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Mr SA was burning up all through the night and this morning he said his chest hurt and he was struggling to breathe. So I rang the doctors and insisted they come out to him. Our GP came out this afternoon - he's got a bug and on antibiotics for a week with complete bed rest. Relieved it's nothing sinister although the doctor said it must be stopped in its tracks before it gets any worse. So no thanks to the receptionist who fobbed me off earlier in the week, he could have started the antibiotics earlier and they might have been kicking in by now.

Grrr I hate receptionists.

glad it is a bug tho, and happy coffee free weekend :) xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Still no sign of Mr SA perking up. I'm even starting to wish he'd pester me to go out for coffee :( It really feels like d!jà vu of this time 2 years ago - Easter, holiday booked, him sleeping all the time. It's a nasty infection, knocked him for six.

I sorted out my finances and freezer yesterday. I even worked out the WW points of all my stuff. Must really make an effort to use up what we've got in there before buying anything else.

Today's plan is to sort out my wardrobe (yet again!).
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I really hope Mr SA picks up soon, it must be so worrying :( big hugs for both of you xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF- £205.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET 0/£500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is on the mend really soon.
    Try to take care of you too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks both - he's been a bit brighter tonight so fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport