Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• Nephthys
    Nephthys Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    COMP - it was a miscarriage regrdless of what stage you were (unless its easier for you to think of it another way) and your hopes and dreams were no less real than anyone else's. THose were taken away and it is hard to wrap your heada round that sometimes. The only difference in feelings that I had the second time which was at an earlier stage than my first was that I dealt with it better physically. Emotionally was a different matter. And you can post here any time you need to!

Tinks - "WHEN" - that's my girl! Hope you're doing ok!
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, just thought I would see how everyone is doing today and to give hugs to those who need them xx

Today has been strangely ok for me. So far (touch wood) I’ve not had any wobbles and have been able to hold a normal conversation with people without having to excuse myself so I can go and have a little cry. Yesterday was the complete opposite and had a few sobs in the office toilets and as soon as I got home I was able to let it all out properly and cried for a good 2 hours. On a good note though I was able to have a glass (oh ok, a bottle) of wine while I went through a box of tissues!

I have also been able to eat more than a few crackers and a cuppa soup today. I don’t know what tomorrow might hold, it might well be like yesterday – if it is I just have to remind myself I have had worse days and that the days will get easier.
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    So another chemical pregnancy for me. That's 2 months in a row now..unlucky or what.

I haven't started bleeding yet, so guess that's on the way.

If I don't start bleeding by say the end of the weekend however, should I go and see the Dr? Would I need an ERPC at this stage or should I just wait?

If anyone could advise I'd appreciate it.
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • any_name_will_suffice
    Options
    Ladies, thanks so much for the thoughts.

I went back to work today and ran two training sessions which i think was a positive for me, as i know if i had phoned in sick i would have spent the day in bed and probably be feeling worse by now.

The epu rang me as a follow up and i have booked an appointment for 9th for a rescan and to discuss options if i don't pass naturally.

Thinking of you MV, I don't know anything about chemical pg so I can't offer any suggestions as to what should happen when. I do think getting in touch with your gp is a good idea, just to talk about what, if anything, you need.

So sorry for all you other ladies on here because you're going through the same as I am, it's horrid and no one should have to lose a baby. Life is so unfair sometimes.

I am going to have some wine tonight (may as well) and probably have a good cry later.
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    MV - I would speak /see the GP asap. Explain 2nd chemical in a row there may be tests or help they can provide?
    So sorry we are all in this crappy place at the moment xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I spoke to a Dr on the phone earlier Tinks (its like pulling teeth getting GP's appts in my part of London).

He said there wasn't much that could be done test wise, that there were blood tests available to test for certain conditions, but they were quite rare.

He said I should just wait a full cycle and then try again.

Great..more bloody waiting!

He also attributed my mc's partly to my age...nice.

So..got to wait now for the mc to happen..then wait for my cycle to get back in order..then wait for ov..then 2 ww to test..then wait some more for a 3rd possible chemical.

It's a wole world of waiting and wishing your life away really. Not healthy.
  • abis21
    abis21 Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    I had to wait too MV. I had a molar pregnancy whereby my hormone levels were way higher than they should have been, and I had to have weekly testing to check that they were down to normal. It took 10 weeks to come down to normal, and I still have to have fortnightly testing to make sure the levels stay normal. I won't be signed off officially til January, and I am not 'meant' to TTC again til then either after having my ERPC in May this year.

I found the waiting harder in a lot of ways to comprehend than actually losing the baby. If I have been able to try again and get pregnant again I felt as though some of the hurt of losing the baby would have gone - and that I was at least doing something proactive about wanting a baby.

I chose not to wait as long as recommended after speaking it through with the molar nurse counsellor, as my mental health would have suffered far too much by waiting further than I had already. Still not preggars tho, so maybe my body is telling me I should have waited :o

My MIL said to me the other day that my testing was 'no problem' now which annoyed me a bit. Its still a reminder twice a fortnight (test day and results day) of what I have been through.

Hugs for everyone on the thread. Sucks to be us and know what each other is feeling :( Would give anything to go back to being naive :o
    :love: Married my lobster in July 2011 :love:

TTC # 2 since Oct 2011 - good things come to those who wait :o

:dance: 2013 is going to be our lucky year :dance:
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2012 at 10:18PM
    Options
    MV when I had my mmc I was told that medical management would be better as whilst the embryo is small (measured around 6weeks) there's a risk that the ERPC would miss it as they have no way of 'aiming' the device and no way of looking at what they're doing,so they may suggest the tablets for you too if it comes to that but hopefully things happen naturally so it's not a worry for you. Treatment is an extra strain nobody needs x x

Love to you all, it does get better. Hour by hour, day by day, week by week x x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Morning guys.

Thankfully (never thought I'd say that) I began to bleed this morning, so hopefully I will just have another heavy period and things will be back to normal soon.

Thanks for the advice Teamlowe. I was hoping I didn't have to have anything kind of proceedure and thankfully it looks like that will be the case.

I am slightly concerned that I have had 2 chemical pregnancies one after the other though. We don't appear to have trouble actually conceiving, and I think OH's sperm is top notch, but something is occurring to halt things in the early stages.

I doubt my GP will be interested, but am going to try and get an appointment for monday evening, but am also considering a private fertility clinic to see if they may be able to help me at all.

I just don't think I can bear to keep going through this, as I am at the stage now of even when I get a BFP, I don't believe things are going to work out (which I was right about this time).

Has anybody here been through a few CP's and had a happy tale at the end?

I woke up very down and upset this morning but my method of coping today is by throwing myself 100% into my DS. We are taking him for his first haircut later and then out to lunch and a local playground.

I feel at the moment that we will never get another child, and that DS was a very lucky fluke :( It's a horrible feeling.

I am sorry for rambling..I just need to get my thoughts down, and this thread has always been amazing for support.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    MV - I am so sorry. I know I can't make it better but I'm thinking of you. Huge hugs. Neph x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure