Nationwide Flexdirect

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Online: Current accounts >> thinking about changing
    It takes just a couple of clicks to change your account.
  • Jhoney_2
    Jhoney_2 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Could someone share the refer a friend board link please. Cannot find it!

TIA
  • Jhoney_2
    Jhoney_2 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Thank you pixiepie!
  • Jds
    Jds Posts: 1 Newbie
    I wonder if anyone can help me... 1st time poster so please be gentle😀

Me and the other half have just opened a FlexDirect a/c in joint names and also intend to do the monthly saver together for the full £500 per month. My question is - After the twelve months of 5% on both these products is it possible to downgrade the joint FlexDirect a/c for the twelve months waiting period until being able to go again. But while this 12 month wait is going on open two more flexDirect accounts as individuals and have two monthly savers going. Then after 12 months start again by upgrading the previously downgraded with the joint account for the cycle to start again?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts....
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'll be switching my flexdirect next week when the 12 month period ends. I've never switched before though - should I take the 2.5k out first? Where will this months interest end up - my new bank account? Or can I specify another Nationwide account? Assume I dont need to tell NW I'm switching...? Thanks!
  • johnk
    johnk Posts: 432 Forumite
    grumbler wrote: »
    Online: Current accounts >> thinking about changing
    Hi, grumbler, dug out your earlier post and tried: but the option seems to be removed? (Even though both Flex Account and Flex Plus are listed, you only have the "Continue" option to upgrade "Flex Plus":-(
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you would like to change your FlexDirect to a FlexAccount, please give us a call on 0800 30 20 10 or visit us in branch.
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/faqs/current-account-faqs/flex-direct-faqs#xtab:i-have-a-flexdirect-account-can-i-change-it-to-a-flexaccount
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    If you downgrade, whilst already having a regular saver, do you have to 're-qualify' for it by paying min £750 for 3 months? (I dont have the docs to hand, but I'm sure I read something along those lines )
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    If you downgrade, whilst already having a regular saver, do you have to 're-qualify' for it by paying min £750 for 3 months? (I dont have the docs to hand, but I'm sure I read something along those lines )

It would certainly be prudent to start depositing £750 a month into the FlexAccount.
    4. If you no longer meet the eligibility criteria we may transfer the account to another instant access savings account and the terms and conditions of that account will apply and we will contact you when we do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure