PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning ladies,

How can I wake up tired?

This week I am going to really try hard. The house is more than respectable following the 21st celebrations. Really it should be a case of maintenance.

I have a pile of ironing to tackle. I will give downstairs a flutter when I'm back from the morning school run. I will try to wrap a few presents when I get back from work at 2pm. Ironing will be started after dinner tonight.

I hope everyone has a successful week.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2012 at 10:57AM
    Morning all

Dank day here, all the pretty frost has gone.

Welcome newbies.

HH in the kitchen now for me whist makng packed lunch and polishing shoes.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. Thanks Dusty for the list. I'm in again and think I may actually get through my list for today even if the paid stuff is busy as I have a bit of a head start on the LR from yesterday.

I got a second wind last night, so the tree and most decorations have gone up, and I've wrapped all the presents which have arrived so far. I just have some tinsel wreaths to make - gosh that sounds tacky, but they will be pretty.

Anyway my list for today:

Walk dogs
    Hoover/clean floors in LR and HSL
    Wipe paintwork in HSL
    Wash windows
    Water plants

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning all

Thankyou for the lists xxx

I'm in for the 1st part of the week, then off to else where in the world, having only had 4 days off this whole year, I am now ready for a break.

So far yesterday and today
    Daily type stuff done
    Floors done
    Cards all written and stamped ready to post.
    All presents delivered, just got to sort something for the person feeding the cat.
    Cat food sorted.
    Passport back with a visa in it, I missed counted the days by 1 sothat has cost me an extra £35, thank goodness I doubled checked last week, if I had got to the airport with no visa, = No flight and I would have been well p&&&&ed off.

Off to work

Take care hugs all round xxx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ClaireT13
    ClaireT13 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning

I'm in again this week. Flew mostly off list last week but it was a success. This week though I'm back to work as normal so need to remember to keep motivated and maintain my efforts of last week.

We bought our tree at the weekend and DH broke the stand :eek: So have to get a new one today and get it up ready to decorate so todays list will be useful!

This morning I have already done more than I nornally would so I'm off to a good start!

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs
    Extras
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

See you all later!
    Claire
    Declutter challenge - 81/1500 (5.4%)
    Make £2,021 in 2021 - £148.95/£2,021 (7.3%)
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    I'm in!

I've been decluttering so that I can begin to flylady :j
    So 5 mins in living room and 10 mins in hallway and stairs
    The stairs are very cluttered :(
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ooh more newbies getting clean and tidy for the festivities! Welcome! Good to have you on board!

Well I've been packing up some eBay sales before starting work this morning. Just done six and its popped up that a 7th has checked out too:T everyone paying nice and quick!

So for today, I shall:

Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter (done last night)
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (done last night)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants (don't have any)
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week (done last week)
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Lovely! So just need to Hoover round, do a couple of windows, wipe the woodwork and write my Xmas cards! Hurrah!

Happy Mondays to you all x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • I'm in also this week, going to add my extras later this evening but I know my bedroom is like a Chinese laundry at the mo so that's my main bug bare to sort thru this week !

Thanks for those running thread its fab ! X
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • Don't you just love it when you type a mahoosive post and then it disappears - not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • trulymadlydeeply_indebt!
    trulymadlydeeply_indebt! Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2012 at 4:12PM
    Try again!

Morning everyone :wave:

Thanks for the list again Dusty

DS and DD both off school poorly - DS has a cold with hacking cough and DD has had sickness and diarrhea all weekend. Think I'll be flying in other rooms this morning to steer clear of them both for a while, although getting a fire going and watching a film cuddled up on the sofa may be in order this afternoon, especially with the Brucie Bonus of not having to do school runs and football training runs tonight.:j

Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear the floor of clutter[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Vacuum [STRIKE]the stairs and hallway[/STRIKE] and living room[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe and [/STRIKE][STRIKE]water plants[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows[/STRIKE]

Extras
    [STRIKE]Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe[/STRIKE]

My extras:
    [STRIKE]Gather firewood and coal from garage
    Clean the microwave
    Clean the hob - put cleaner on it yesterday afternoon and then forgot about it
    S&S kitchen
    Hoover and mop floor in kitchen[/STRIKE]
    Maybe make a start on Sister's present
    Ring npower re closed account as not impressed at the extra £160 going out of my account this morning, along with the £95 to Scottish Power (my new provider) :mad:

Caved into pressure yesterday and have put the Xmas tree up - it looks lovely. Fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke up this morning with the tree lights still on - it was very sparkly and festive.

Having a cuppa now - thanks OH - and then will get cracking at 9.30 - anyone up for HHC?

Have a lovely day everyone

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport