Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• My current package: £71 a month for box sets TV package, anytime talk and basic broadband. After speaking to someone in the retentions team today I have been offered £54 for box sets, upgrade to fibre but drop down to evening and weekend calls or 64 adding in movies on top.

They said this was the best deal that could be offered but for me its just not enough, does this sound too much for what I am being offered? From scanning the posts above it looks this way.

I'd have to say it's too much but of course it's down to what you're happy with. I've recently renewed on Boxsets/HD+/line rental/ADSL with no call allowances (you can add or remove that part at will I think) for the equivalent of £27 odd (?) a month allowing for the £50 credit on the account. Movies is available at half price for 6 months to pretty much anyone. My deal is for 12 months btw, don't be accepting any 10 month offer on a 12 month contract regardless.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Deal with tv separately and be willing to let it be switched off, so you get the best offers.

This may not work so well for Q box users, in the future, when switch off means that you have to return the box. (They may be more willing to give good deals before switch of or may charge p&p to send you another box, thus reducing the value of your new deal).
  • isitenough
    isitenough Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Where do the offers show up when you've cancelled? Just cancelled today but obviously want to keep checking of any good offers coming through.
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps! :A
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2020! :T
  • No haggling here since in the 15 minute conversation I had with the nice Scottish lady I asked for cancellation come what may.

Since then I have had phone calls from Adam and James at Sky asking if I really want to cancel and if I really really want to cancel. They just don't seem to get it.

This morning I had a questionnaire to fill in which was quite long and had questions about my financial solvency in it. I suppose that they want to think that I cancelled because I am broke, moved house or anything but them charging a lot to watch adverts.

Just think, there's only three weeks to go.

Would I accept a deal? If they want me to watch Blue Bloods and have close to 50% air time as adverts then they will have to pay me instead of the other way round. That deal I would accept.
    It's not my fault your honour, they made me do it.
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    isitenough wrote: »
    Where do the offers show up when you've cancelled? Just cancelled today but obviously want to keep checking of any good offers coming through.

1)Look at My Sky on the website, sign in and see what's there. It's usually 50% at this early stage of cancellation.
    2)Sky box in the Account section.
    3)Sky app.

I checked all of these within a day or so of giving notice to cancel and they each had a different offer for me :rotfl:

Offers get better the longer you wait, in the experience of many of us here. I've usually had the best deals via Live Chat.
  • Dawning wrote: »
    1)Look at My Sky on the website, sign in and see what's there. It's usually 50% at this early stage of cancellation.
    2)Sky box in the Account section.
    3)Sky app.

I checked all of these within a day or so of giving notice to cancel and they each had a different offer for me :rotfl:

Offers get better the longer you wait, in the experience of many of us here. I've usually had the best deals via Live Chat.

Nobody made me an offer which is OK since I am leaving but I didn't know that there might be an offer in the box Account section so I looked it up.

60% off for 12 months and it has had no effect on me. Either I really hate Blue Bloods or I am tired of donating to charity.
    It's not my fault your honour, they made me do it.
  • Redan
    Redan Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I gave notice of cancellation yesterday on the TV package - no offers in the phone call but had previously been offered a measly 35% off 10 months on 12 month contract. Within 30 mins there was a 50% offer on the service app and 60% off on the TV account, both on 12 month contract. I may try chat to see if there's anything else on offer like credit - thanks to you more experienced hagglers on here. Does anyone know why they give different offers on the app and TV account? Like this whole haggling palaver, it doesn't make much sense to me.
  • Exact same offers for me, Redan. 40% off was my best offer on the phone and then those same offers appeared on the app/tv account. He claimed it was the best offer and I wouldn't get a better one. Such a silly game
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Now on £22.40 a month for Sky+ TV, line rental and unlimited broadband.
    Basically I was fed up with paying £40 a month for the basic package so bought a Humax box, set it up and rang Sky to cancel everything. After going through several options they offered this and I accepted.
    We only get the basic channels but that is fine and any calls are charged so we use our mobiles as we have enough inclusive minutes.
  • MM2002
    MM2002 Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    ok, Got a call from sky offering 60% of tv package, from £38 down to £15.20, the multiscreen is £12, was told they can't budge on that, Broadband(Fibre) half price from £20 to £10, line rental of £17.40 and talk at £8 they cant do anything with.

Ive not accepted anything and a bit annoyed as im only cancelling my tv package so don't want to discuss BB or phone. Also last year I cancelled my multiroom and was immediately offered 50%off(was all online, clicked cancel and it took me to an offer screen, no speaking to anyone at all!)

Im due to be cut off in a few days so will go on chat tomorrow and push for 60% off tv with £100 credit and if they half multiroom I'll accept. Looks like this is the top deal people are being offered(will also insist on a rolling contract.

Does anyone know if they will upgrade to a 2TB box, as mine are 1TB, if that ?

Thanks in advance
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport