Stolen Galaxy S3

Comments

• Can you log into Google dashboard? https://www.google.com/dashboard/

If the phone is listed under devices, clicking on it will tell you the IMEI
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Holiday Haggler
    edited 9 November 2012 at 2:24PM
    That's if he doesn't give the phone to a relative.. sorry!

Epic idea on the Google Dashboard btw - i just checked my own and found the number. Maybe peek around there
  • united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Got the IMEI number thanks 'gadgeteer'!
    There has been backup activity on the device 12th october.
    Is there anyway I can access this back-up??
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• Well by default it backs up the contacts. So if he's been using your account which it looks like he may be doing, you can using the same dashboard see what contacts are there. Who knows...maybe he will have done something stupid like put "Wife" or "mum" as a contact which would help police track him down.
  • Go to this - https://www.google.com/contacts

And see if there's anyone you don't recognise in there!
  • united66
    Thanks to everyone's help, I've managed to get them the IMEI number, got all the photo's in a dropbox link that updates automatically and all the relevant info. Fingers crossed.
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• united66
    Sounds like he is back in the country!

• I just thought....if you can see his contacts, can you remotely update his contact numbers so that he ends up calling you? You can get his number that way then :)
  • Those photos definitely look like they were taken outside the UK (yes, we kinda established that already), but photo 41 has a bottle of Sprite with a logo in non-English characters on the label. Also, photo 74 shows a DVD playing - it's Transformers: Dark Side Of The Moon, 53 minutes in, but with English subtitles, so obviously originally dubbed into another language.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,569 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Assuming he is back from Pakistan, where the Warid network operates, with the phone and the police catch up with him, what's to stop him saying he just found it in his car, so used it rather than try to find the owner?
    If he is still using it in this country and keeps updating your dropbox, I'm sure you'll get another photograph providing information you could use to track him down. Could contact his employer and create a fuss - all kinds of possibilities really....

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure