Grants for condensing boiler?

My girlfriend is going back to uni in September: are there any means-tested grants that would take our household income into consideration? I'd love to get one of those badboys free!
And if, you know, your history...

Comments

• Skiduck
    Skiduck Posts: 1,973 Forumite
    Unfortunately not, however you can get grants for insulation from your council - this would be your first step to reduce your energy bills if you haven't done it already

http://www.est.org.uk/myhome/gid/
  • Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I have just got a letter saying we might qualify for a grant towards central heating and have been told to contact south yorkshire energy advice center on 0800 512 012. Give them a ring to see if there is a north yorkshire one or if they can help.

HTH
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
  • dixie_dean_2
    dixie_dean_2 Posts: 1,812
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cheers. We already did the insulation and Leeds is in mighty West Yorkshire! But cheers to you both. Will try the south yorkshire people.
    And if, you know, your history...
  • Skiduck
    Skiduck Posts: 1,973 Forumite
    Rebob wrote:
    I have just got a letter saying we might qualify for a grant towards central heating and have been told to contact south yorkshire energy advice center on 0800 512 012. Give them a ring to see if there is a north yorkshire one or if they can help.

HTH

Hi, make sure this is an accredited advice centre (ie - local government) and not a "double glazing" type of firm trying to selll you solar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure