Lloyds PPI Offer- **Need advice**

Hi All,
Really need some advice on a PPI claim.:confused:
My dad has just come back from Holiday to a letter from Lloyds offering a settlement on his PPI claim, this is fantastic!!
Only problem or issue that we have with this is they have sent no calculations or a settlement figure, but they have sent a final settlement letter for him to sign with no figure, it just advises that they will calculate accordingly and let him no and asks him to sign the document enclosed and send back immediately?...
Is it just me or is this a bit strange?.... How can they honestly expect someone to sign something not knowing what they are going to be offered?...

Can anyone let me know if this is the norm from they cowboys or are they trying to pull a fast one?.... Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:D
Chicqa.. On a mission, brace yourself....

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    chicqa wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Really need some advice on a PPI claim.:confused:
    My dad has just come back from Holiday to a letter from Lloyds offering a settlement on his PPI claim, this is fantastic!!
    Only problem or issue that we have with this is they have sent no calculations or a settlement figure, but they have sent a final settlement letter for him to sign with no figure, it just advises that they will calculate accordingly and let him no and asks him to sign the document enclosed and send back immediately?...
    Is it just me or is this a bit strange?.... How can they honestly expect someone to sign something not knowing what they are going to be offered?...

Can anyone let me know if this is the norm from they cowboys or are they trying to pull a fast one?.... Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:D

Hi Chicqa hope your well.

Wow its a great start this, but yes you do have a point here, did the letter actually state if they agreed to the mis selling or just a goodwill offer?
    If an offer the chances are that it may not be the full amount.

I think its so silly of these banks to offer a settlement when there are no figures to see, it could be anything.

For advice on this I would contact them, but maybe for just a little more advice first contact the FOS and see what they suggest, because I do think personally the banks should show what they have on offer.
    Good luck, give the FOS a call for some advice on this one first.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi

The same has happened to me. I was reluctant to send the forms back without knowing calculations but to be honest i just want it over and done with because i am sick of it haha! I did contact the FOS and they said they couldn't advise me on what to do. I decided to sign and sit back and wait. It seems that Lloyds are sticking to what they are supposed to do as the letter sent to me was upholding my complaint rather than offering goodwill. I have contacted LLoyds several times to keep on top of this, they received my acceptance on the 9th Oct and today they have given me two figures out of 4 total figures which i am pleased about. Just waiting for the other two to be calculated. Should all be in my account by the 9th Nov!

Also, the FOS contacted me a couple of days back to say they had received the forms i had signed from LLoyds. They said they had requested figures from Lloyds also and they would ask them to send me the figures also. They also told me that even though i had signed and accepted that if i wasn't happy with the figures i could STILL take it through the FOS which i was really chuft about as i thought once i'd signed that that was it really.

Sorry this is longwinded, hope it's of some help.:D
  • chicqa
    chicqa Posts: 122 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Chicqa hope your well.

Wow its a great start this, but yes you do have a point here, did the letter actually state if they agreed to the mis selling or just a goodwill offer?
    If an offer the chances are that it may not be the full amount.

I think its so silly of these banks to offer a settlement when there are no figures to see, it could be anything.

For advice on this I would contact them, but maybe for just a little more advice first contact the FOS and see what they suggest, because I do think personally the banks should show what they have on offer.
    Good luck, give the FOS a call for some advice on this one first.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

Hi Di,
    Very good to hear from you and I am well thank you, hope all is well with you also?.
    I have double checked, and the offer was in full & final.
    What a cheek?.... I think we will write to them and state that we will require full details of offer before signing anything.

Thank you for your advice, always appreciated.

C
    x
  • chicqa
    chicqa Posts: 122 Forumite
    Caseyface wrote: »
    Hi

The same has happened to me. I was reluctant to send the forms back without knowing calculations but to be honest i just want it over and done with because i am sick of it haha! I did contact the FOS and they said they couldn't advise me on what to do. I decided to sign and sit back and wait. It seems that Lloyds are sticking to what they are supposed to do as the letter sent to me was upholding my complaint rather than offering goodwill. I have contacted LLoyds several times to keep on top of this, they received my acceptance on the 9th Oct and today they have given me two figures out of 4 total figures which i am pleased about. Just waiting for the other two to be calculated. Should all be in my account by the 9th Nov!
    Also, the FOS contacted me a couple of days back to say they had received the forms i had signed from LLoyds. They said they had requested figures from Lloyds also and they would ask them to send me the figures also. They also told me that even though i had signed and accepted that if i wasn't happy with the figures i could STILL take it through the FOS which i was really chuft about as i thought once i'd signed that that was it really.

Sorry this is longwinded, hope it's of some help.:D

Hi Casey,
    I think you and my dad got the same letters, they also upheld his case, but the actual settlement letter states that it would be in full & final, we have had major issues with Lloyds so cannot take the chance of getting stitched up, but at least I know that others have recieved the same letters, thank you for letting me know, really appreciate it.
    Please keep me posted on how you get on?

Thanks & good luck;)

C
    x
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    chicqa wrote: »
    Hi Di,
    Very good to hear from you and I am well thank you, hope all is well with you also?.
    I have double checked, and the offer was in full & final.
    What a cheek?.... I think we will write to them and state that we will require full details of offer before signing anything.

Thank you for your advice, always appreciated.

C
    x

Hi hun, glad your well and getting there thank you.;)

Yes its a good idea to make sure on this if you can, just tell them the acceptance depends on the amount, and you would be grateful if they can post these along for as soon as possible, in order for you to be able to consider and sign, (of course I realise this is your parents but you know what I mean) lol:D, good luck with this.:beer:

And your very welcome.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family