LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    HI Mrs B, thrilled you sound so upbeat and are happy with life, holidays past and planned sound lovely. Hopefully you get settled at work its awful being bored.

You will need to post any recipies for oxtail.

We are eating our freezer at the moment, and as we lurch merrily toward fishweek, are keenly anticipating octopus on Thursday!
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Octopus..yum yum. I love seafood of any and all descriptions!

Oxtail a bit mixed SBO..it was a SC recipe with pasta but was a bit hard going. think I would prefer soup and maybe I will ask Mrs T to post hers. There was a recipe for lentils in the Times last week which looked yum..I have ordered beluga lentils (yep, never heard of them before) so I can try it. looked healthy, cheap and quick!

So..sorry for the absence ladies (and gents!)..I fear that the carp weather has kicked me into hibernation..

Life is very full on..girls up to loads but then also sad things such as close friends and soulmates moving away, close friends being diagnosed with horrible illnesses, our beloved cat being on his last legs (I wept buckets this morning) and a lot on at work. You get my drift.. We are being offered some money to put us straight..through a relative and although I am tempted I am umming and aahing.

Financially all seems OK this month..(I dont mean debt repayments but the general stuff) despite the necessary spends that have popped up on fuel, vets etc. Maybe we are finally learning to live within our means!! always a bonus ;)

Hope everyone is OK..still hoping that I catch up properly soon with you all

xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just catching up with you brizzle. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Sounds like you're rolling your sleeves up and back to business!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    Would love to make my own oxtail soup, fond memories of the heinz version as a child. I loved it. I am sure home made would be much better!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OK - will try it out on my family and then if it gets a thumbs up will post the recipe (love the final purple line on your sig, SBO :D)

Thanks SA..hows you and Mr SA?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    Thanks Brizz, its just the mindset I need to have. Got to make some headway!
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Brizzle

Was the Times lentil recipe one with leeks/carrots/onions and chilli? If so, I tried it and it was ok but no more than that. DH asked if we'd seen the last of it on Saturday, so that gives you an idea of his opinion. More effort than the end result justified, in my opinion, as it turned out rather like a dahl.

Maybe it wasn't the same recipe though, as I don't remember Beluga lentils. I used red lentils (sounds cheaper).
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry things in RL are a bit harsh atm, hope you ok

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry things are tough at the mo, hugs about the cat too :(
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    Hope the cat rallies for you, know how difficult it all can be. x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories