Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,821
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I couldent see the picture of your outfit :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    I couldent see the picture of your outfit :(

It's on my Mooloo's of Brackley page, rather than my personal page. Although perhaps I should have put it on Mooloo's Makes, seeing as it is a make.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not on Facebook, but I bet it's lovely :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Lovely dress Mooloo and you look great in it.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Thanks people.

I have had a strange day, we went for a drive in BFs little Berlington Arrow, but broke down in a village, and were helped by a lovely couple who gave us cold drinks, let us use their loo, and while we spent 3 hours waiting for the breakdown truck they even made is a roll, and gave us a glass of wine!
    I will be buying wine, flowers and a card and dropping it off on my next visit to Oxford. On a day of 30C it was very much appreciated and made a potential nightmare into a pleasant one instead.
    Dgd had fun with her friends and went crayfishing near Newport Pagnell.
    So it was not a bad day really.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Gosh it was hot last night!
    I think I will have to bring a fan home from work tonight. Dgd has the only fan in the house.
    I woke at 6am, but I have struggled to get my vision sorted, my eyes are so tired.
    The plans today are to get my mojo back and find some organisational inspiration for the week ahead. I can't have another firefighting week.
    There are a lot of jobs in for the week and all the work in needs finishing by the Wednesday of next week which is the first Proms, followed by my daughter's wedding on the same day as the 2nd Proms. But we have also a late wedding dress alterations for this Saturday. No pressure then!
    Home looks like a battle field so I will need to spend some time this evening bringing Order back!
    Time to get up and get on with it all.
    Another very hot day ahead.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Outfit indeed very awesome :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• waldokitty
    waldokitty Posts: 124
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Mooloo,

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on your outfit.
    (although you do know of me from a very aged p.m.:D)

You look great. I love the colour.

Sue. Xx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    I hope that I will look better on the day with a bit of slap and my hair done.
    Thanks for lovely comments.
    It does make me want to make more than mend.
    But I don't think it would be very cost effective.
    It took about 14 hours to make both pieces and the fabric cost £77.
    If I charged labour it would be astronomical.
    I will need to speed up or become exclusive designer standards.
    Erm can't see that happening.
    I am shattered with the heat today. I want to go to bed asap
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I reckon outfit would be about £300 in a shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure