RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Comments

• I also find it unbelievable that I got sucked into this scam. They have now taken £286.81 in total from my account and it looks unlikely that I will get it back! All I got were 2 jars of cream and one of serum, all of which are absolutely useless and caused me skin irritation. A very expensive lesson learnt to keep a closer eye on what is coming out of my account and never, ever take up one of these 'too good to be true' deals again. I have emailed them and asked them to cease taking amounts from my account and to cease my 'subscription' and they replied with an offer of a 50% discount on future monthly payments! Can you believe their cheek! :(
  • Chillout5892
    Chillout5892 Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2011 at 10:50PM
    I don't know if this will help. I fell for the Juveneu anti-aging cream scam. But I saw a clause in the T&C that I used quite effectively, I phoned within a few mins of paying the p&p when I say too things, one was that they would charge £79 in 30 days, one was that even if cancelled they wouldn't refund the initial p&p, the other was that is was not advised for use with people who had high blood pressure and kidney disease (and other conditions.) I have both high BP and kidney disease, so I called their uk number and asked could the order be cancelled, I know I won't get my p&p back but I now realize I couldn't use them for medical reasons high BP and CKD. The account was cancelled, no money was refunded, but to date no more additional money has been taken out of my account. Fingers crossed. I phoned again about 2 weeks later, still haven't get the promised cancellation email. The number was on the confirmation email.

Anyhow as it's probably the same company doing all these antiageing creams try this number, say it came up on google. (020) 3514 1398
    Good luck.
    :cool: Chillout5892
    :smileyheaDMP PayPlan £17,652 @£100 pm > June 2027.
    Women don't mature.
    They either go hard or soft in the wrong places.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • Reminder - if scammed by any of the above companies fill in this FTC online complaint form:
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en

The FTC can take legal action against companies using deceptive marketing practices and force them to issue refunds. For example, they are currently taking legal action against other similar 'free trial' scams. However they usually only act once they receive a number of complaints so the more complaints they get the more likely they are to investigate. The online form only takes about 10 minutes to fill in and you can cut and paste any info from here to add to your complaint.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • This takes the bloody biscuit. I am so angry I can't tell you. As I have told you, I have been in touch with Juveneu twice, requesting confirmation they have cancelled my account, and I have been waiting for the email confirmation.

I received this email today from my ISP PlusNet.

Dear Plusnet Customer,

You are receiving this mail because you have an active virus-scanning service, and either a banned file extension or an email containing a virus has been sent to your address.

The mail was sent to you from:

* "Robert Dobs" <robert.dobs@Nacha.org>

The subject line of the mail received was:

* [-SPAM-] Bill payment canceled

In order to protect you, this email has been ;stored on our servers and quarantined. If you wish to retrieve this, please send an email to unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com containing the following information

The next part is some lines in code and my private email address, which I am not going to post. It is followed by

It should be possible to reply to this mail to retrieve your email, as long as your email application includes this entire message in the reply.

Kind Regards,
    Customer Support.

Now, I can assure you, the Juveneu account is the only account I have cancelled and for which I'm awaiting confirmation.

I have phoned PlusNet and am applying for the text of the email to be sent to me, so if further theft occurs I have proof to show my bank I've done all I can to get out of this scam.

So to anyone who requests email cancellation confirmation from them a scammer, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION YOU CAN AFFORD UP AND RUNNING.

Strangely posted a link to a site that explained how you get targetted with other 'offers' from them. I only hope they are not sending infected emails that read our address books to send our friends and relatives special offers 'recommended' by me. But you know, I wouldn't put it past them, the f*ckers.

May I suggest you change you email address as well as your bank or credit card, I'll be deleting this one as soon as I get a copy of the text. I'm so bloody livid.
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 November 2011 at 5:55PM
    I don't know if that is an unrelated spam email or linked to them but I would not put anything past them. Here is a site which details various other dodgy things that another fake news site is doing: http://www.workathometruth.com/blog/2010/07/22/newsdaily7-com-review-and-analysis/

Yet the fake news site above (and others) have been advertised on Google (Adwords); Facebook; Yahoo (Sponsored Links); Photobucket and About.com (owned by the New York Times). So not only have large companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook etc accepted advertising from these scams, they have indirectly profiting from them by doing so (taking the money paid for advertising).

In addition smaller advertising networks have profited greatly from these scams by accepting their adverts, eg: Pulse 360, Adblade, Sitescout, Zedo, bnmla.com (aka Blink New Media/ Engage BDR) etc

http://wafflesatnoon.com/2011/11/14/msnbc-and-pulse360-advertising-collusion/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42749282/ftc-eyes-alleged-tiny-belly-con-artist----but-not-the-big-media-who-helped-him/?
    http://www.naturalnews.com/031280_acai_berries_scam.html
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • ang7998 wrote: »
    We have managed to contact them this morning and have been given cancellation codes to confirm that they will no longer send the product - can anyone confirm that this is true for them or give further information to reassure me that the item is definitely cancelled?

12Casey4F
    I also phoned and received two cancellation numbers for my products, but I had already phoned my credit card company and cancelled my card, before I phoned Perfect Radiance, then for extra assurance I e-mailed them told them that I had received cancellation numbers and had been told I could keep cream & serum, I also told them that they were to take no more money from my account other than the original P&P of £2.95 & £2.97 and that if they did, my credit card Dispute team would be informed. I then asked for an e-mail reply to confirm this. I received two confirmation e-mails, stating no more charges would be taken from me.
    I have checked my Credit card account and there have been no other charges, just waiting for my new credit card now. So thank heavens I came across this forum, which made me act very quickly.
    I hope you have been as lucky :T
  • This company should be investigated. I will be reporting this to the police. They have taken £280 off me within four weeks. I have incurred bank charges as I have become overdrawn because of this. It is not clear from the advertisement making extravagant claims that you would have to pay anything after the trial. I sent off for the trial which they held off for 6 weeks saying they had shipping difficulties. I was NOT aware I would have to pay anything beyond the price of the trial. If it was clear I would have cancelled. I was shocked when I got my bank statement revealing a number of transactions Serum Perfect Radiance £74.95, Revitadermatage £79.99, Radiant skin care agios £51.00 and Radiant Skin Care Agio Domentio £74.95. I have only recieved the trial pack and one other item for this money. I have seen none of the results they claim it is not clear what is in the product as no leaflet telling you about the ingredients or how to use it come with the package you could be putting anything on your skin. WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.
  • Following on from my last post dated 11/11 where I had responded to the original email stating I couldn't use the products, I had a return email in the following 2 days suggesting I keep trying the products and offering to reduce the cost by 50% every month. I responded stating I still wished to cancel and request they terminate my account.

To this I had a response telling me the account had been terminated but if at any time I wish to reinstate I could again at 50% of the original cost. The email also went on to say that if there was anymore product already on the way I could keep it at no charge(which I doubt as I had cancelled my card)

So all in all I am very relieved at the way this turned out, I had a lucky escape, which is all thanks to everyone that has posted on this forum.

If anyone wants to read the full emails I received I will gladly post them, just let me know

Thank you again everyone:T
  • Chillout5892
    Chillout5892 Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2011 at 11:19PM
    djf49 wrote: »
    Following on from my last post dated 11/11 where I had responded to the original email stating I couldn't use the products, I had a return email in the following 2 days suggesting I keep trying the products and offering to reduce the cost by 50% every month. I responded stating I still wished to cancel and request they terminate my account.

Hi guys.

I got involved in this scam by ordering Juveneu, an anti-aging serum, by paying trial p&p on October 11th. I cancelled the same day siting their 'medical cautions' using the phone number on their order confirmation email. But I never received the twice promised cancellation email.

Since then my laptop has been behaving rather in an unpredictable and erratic way. Two days ago I was notified by my ISP they had quarantined an email addressed to me from an sender I did not recognize because it DID CONTAIN either illegal extensions or a virus. I'm trying to get a screen shot from my ISP of this or when my laptop is sorted, I'll try doing one in web mail, but I really don't want to infect my laptop again. I have also found out various people I haven't been in contact with for ages are receiving recommendations from me for various random products at discount rates by email and FB, I'm not sure if Juveneu has been mentioned yet. In truth I don't really want to know the details. I've spent the last few days running additional anti spyware and cleansing programs, a right bloody pain as well as explaining and apologizing all over the place. I sat up for 22 hours running Super AntiSpyware.

Yes I Avast, have done for years. I now use 2 site warning identifiers, Web Rep by Avast and Trustee Rapport (which doesn't work well with blogs and forums.) I've cancelled the debit card and email account I used in October, and changed my browser.

So, for anyone else unfortunately involved, check out what's going on. It appears the decision to use me as network hub, started with the confirmation email! I am so !!!!ed off, run down, tired angry and confused. I don't understand how these people can live with themselves. Have they any idea to the havoc they wreak in peoples lives It's beyond me. But look after yourselves, this aggravation could have an unexpectedly long shelf life.

I've found a way to limit the risk of being suckered in, in the first place. Use ad blocking software and something to stop-pops. I used to wonder what they were so popular. It's not adverts, it's malware.
    Women don't mature.
    Simone de Beauvoir
  • :jFurther to my previous message re above products. At last I can sleep easy. After finding this forum I immediatly cancelled my credit card, until I could cancel the order for these products, I telephoned 08081683685 & received cancellation numbers for both products.
    I then E-Mailed the Company & gave them all the details of the phone conversation ie cancellation numbers being given & also being told to keep products and asked for a reply E-Mail confirming same.

I received a reply on the 16/11/2011 confirming everything and that the only charges made were P&P which was in total £5.92. But they did say that if I decided to re-subscribe, I could have a reduction of 50% ( Pigs would fly first). I have checked my credit card accounts and there are no further charges, so just waiting for new credit card.

The bottom line is, I am so grateful to all the members of this Forum, because if I had'nt seen these messages I would'nt have acted so quickly and would probably be quite a bit poorer.
    So once again many many thanks to you all.:T from 12Casey4F
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport