Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• casmana wrote:
    aj9648 wrote:
    Could anyone help me with what this one maybe:

Exceptional hotel in Kensington Area - 4* - London

Ideally located on one of the most popular shopping streets in London, the hotel is a short taxi ride from the West End where you can enjoy the vibrant nightlife and the wonders of theatreland.

Think this is the Copthorne Tara.

Don't think it's the Copthorne Tara, which is in a sidestreet near Kensington High Street tube. Think it much more likely to be the Hilton London Olympia which is further West on Kensington High Street itself.
  • This one is proving quite tricky for me - any ideas?

5* £130 -
    This hotel has a central location. Situated in the West End, great for a weekend break. First class facilities and service. Five star guest room facilities.
    Guests will be asked for a guarantee on check in to cover any extra hotel charges and this may take the form of either a credit card or a deposit of £100 or one night room charge. The hotel holds the right to refuse guest to check in without providing a form of payment guarantee. Please note that there is an extra charge for the parking lot. The parking lot fee is 10 Pounds up to 2 hours, 17 Pounds up to 4 hours, 22 Pounds up to 5 hours, 33 Pounds up to 12 hours and 38 Pounds up to 24 hours. For more information, please contact the hotel. **

Restaurant
    • Restaurant: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are available in this very popular restaurant.
  • Can anyone help me out with this hotel, any ideas?

A modern four star hotel just 10 minutes walk from the West End and Oxford Street. The recently refurbished bedrooms are decorated in rich, warm tones. Dine on International cuisine in one of the many bars and restaurants. With numerous awards, swimming pool, sauna, fitness room, gift shop, hairdresser, 24 hour concierge and in-room dining and many more services you will enjoy your stay. Close to Paddington, Marylebone, Euston, Kings Cross Rail Stations and next to two main tube stations.

Many thanks,

Helsy x
  • Consolidated List
    It would be good if we could have a consolidated list somewhere of these hotels, there are a lot of posts to trawl through and the original idea of posting if you've actually stayed/booked seems to have been lost.
  • sylv123 wrote: »
    This contemporary five star luxurious hotel is set in the heart of Mayfair. With the famous theatres and historic landmarks nearby, this hotel has a great location in central London. The spacious guestrooms and quality facilities are perfect for both the leisure and business traveller.

REVEALED

The May Fair Hotel,
    Stratton Street,
    London,
    W1J 8LT,
    United Kingdom

Stayed there last year excellent hotel and location !!!!

:beer:

I can CONFIRM that:

"Pure luxury in the heart of Mayfair - 5* - London"

"This contemporary five star luxurious hotel is set in the heart of Mayfair. With the famous theatres and historic landmarks nearby, this hotel has a great location in central London. The spacious guestrooms and quality facilities are perfect for both the leisure and business traveller."

IS:

The May Fair Hotel,
    Stratton Street,
    London,
    W1J 8LT,

We stayed here Saturday 5th September 2009 for £99 (Usual price £220).

Fantastic hotel & great location! If you get the chance, book it!!! :beer:
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    this sounded like a great idea - a luxurious hotel for £100 a night! Well unfortunately when I put in 3 nights in October half term for a family room for 4 people I had a choice of 2 - one costing well over a grand and the other well over £800! Is that because I wanted a room for 4 or because it's school holidays so you think?
  • hoxtonbabe
    hoxtonbabe Posts: 464
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 8:45PM
    Ultra luxurious brand new city hotel next to tube - 5* - London
    This luxurious and elegant hotel is the place to stay for meetings and trips to London! The hotel features meeting rooms, a restaurant and a bar where you can enjoy all your favourite drinks. Discover this city by day and night.

Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 11:00
    Local Attractions
    • The Strand
    • River Thames
    • National Gallery
    • West End
    • Trafalgar Square
    • City of London
    • Covent Garden
    • St Paul's Cathedral

This one is really bugging me as I am racking my brain as to which one it could be. Though it may be andaz, but im sure it would have mentioned the 5 resturants, then could be london bridge hotel, but thats only listed as a 4*, not the Grange as I know the description for that, and cant think of any newish hotels in the city

UPDATE: Just seen the revealed description. a couple pages back, was the Grange St Pauls, although I thought that was 4* :-)

Thanks
  • Ultimate luxury in the ultimate Mayfair location - 5* - London
    Classic King B & B

REVEALED

Intercontinental Park Lane :j
  • rlm_3
    rlm_3 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Discover timeless luxury in Knightsbridge - 5*

Towering over Knightsbridge each room of this legendary property offers unrivalled views of London's most famous landmarks. Featuring the highest standards of quality throughout every area and an impeccable level of service, while staying at this hotel you will experience a place where luxury has no end.

HOTEL REVEALED

Sheraton Park Tower
    101, Knightsbridge
    London
    SW1X 7RN
    GB

Have just booked this but don't know what it's like yet. 48% reduction off usual rate.
  • missus_b
    missus_b Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 15 September 2009 at 6:34PM
    kendrick wrote: »
    Consolidated List
    It would be good if we could have a consolidated list somewhere of these hotels, there are a lot of posts to trawl through and the original idea of posting if you've actually stayed/booked seems to have been lost.

In response to the suggestion, I spent a boring Sunday night collating the ideas put forward on this thread into a useful list. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to attach a word document in this thread. If not, PM me and I can let you have the list.

PS Please include email address in PM.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure