Standard Life Shares

Options

Comments

• david69_2
    david69_2 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    hopefully when they get to about £40 a share that should just about cover my endownment shortfall
  • Lopo
    Lopo Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    Lol @ £40 :o)
    Beware Lego Men with Deep pockets...! :cool:
  • david69_2
    Options
    I wish i could laugh
  • catz1ct
    catz1ct Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even RBS didn't reach that much :P
    :rotfl:
  • baby_boomer
    baby_boomer Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    David, I believe there is an endowment forum on the site if you want to discuss whether to sell an existing Standard Life endowment.

It is a pity if you didn't invest any extra money in the shares at flotation. If that is the case then you have my sincere commiserations.
  • david69_2
    Options
    No i didnt buy any extra as it was i had to give the OH half when we first got them when they were worth about a grand now they are up to about £1800 i keep taking the p##s out of her.
  • baby_boomer
    Options
    That makes more sense. I was finding it hard to believe that the full allocation wouldn't pay your endowment shortfall at £40 per share.
  • Yorkshireman_3
    Options
    david69 wrote: »
    hopefully when they get to about £40 a share that should just about cover my endownment shortfall
    Over the last year Endowments have started looking healthy again -- ive not given up on mine yet :D
  • carter2901
    carter2901 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm ... on the LSE site the "last 5 trades" has made interesting reading at times over the past 24 - 48 hours (not that I'm sad and sit refreshing and watching it or anything, you understand). Quite a few sales of over £1 million worth of shares at a time - one just now of over £3 mill! - whereas in the previous few days it's been quite a lot lower than that. Any thoughts from the floor...? :confused:

See http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/system/detailedprices.htm?sym=GB00B16KPT44GBGBXSET3B16KPT4SL.
  • baby_boomer
    Options
    Why some big sales at the end of last week?

There were bound to be some institutions reducing stakes on the back of recent gains and inadvance of the bonus share issue which will see sales by ordinary investors.

Meanwhile:-

Our outgoing chairman looks back in the Sunday Herald
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family