PPI claims

Hi ...... not sure how this works, never joined a forum before.
My son sent away to claim back PPI's for loans?
He had a personal loan protection-which the bank have agreed to uphold and reimburse him £1500.
He also had a cardholder repayment PPI plan which the bank is refusing, no explanation. However, they will refund the premiums paid! about £80. He is wary about contesting these in case they don't pay out. Can anyone please advise....thank you

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    barbie57 wrote: »
    Hi ...... not sure how this works, never joined a forum before.
    My son sent away to claim back PPI's for loans?
    He had a personal loan protection-which the bank have agreed to uphold and reimburse him £1500.
    He also had a cardholder repayment PPI plan which the bank is refusing, no explanation. However, they will refund the premiums paid! about £80. He is wary about contesting these in case they don't pay out. Can anyone please advise....thank you[/QUOTE]

What is it that they are refusing, isn't he asking for the premiums (which is the PPI) back and they are giving them to him......So he is getting what he wants.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If they are paying a refund of the premiums (which were £80) then how are they rejecting the complaint? It could be a wording issue. i.e. we have found no evidence of wrongdoing but as a goodwill gesture, we are refunding the premiums paid. (or words like that). That is a successful complaint. Just not being upheld on the points raised.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure