The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

YumYums - does anyone know a recipe ?

I've tried googling but it just brings ups some mouthwatering ideas.

They sell them in bakeries and such but does anyone have a recipe for them ? :)
Nice to save.

Comments

• Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When I've made them I've just used a basic doughnut recipe, cooked it as per the recipe and then while they're still warm, I've glazed them with a vanilla flavoured water icing (good vanilla essence, icing sugar, water). I don't make them that often though as they get eaten far too quickly!
  • I'm afraid I have no helpful advice, but just wanted to say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I love yum-yums. My OH is a baker, and I know they are deep fried, but that's about all.

Good luck!

dj

Actually - I've just thought; I could ask him for the recipe! I'm such a wally. I'll ask him when he gets home, and if it's not too closely guarded, I'll post it up here.
    Self-building fund :eek:: £4259
    Savings target: 1 rainy year 10000/10000 :j

WINS 2011: Briggs & Reilly Suitcase, Nail Polish, Book, AEGON international tennis tickets x2, 4* trip to London including Michelin Star dinner :j
  • asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the replies so far keep em coming :) Yummmmm
    Nice to save.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I used to work in tescos bakery- and all supermarket bakery ones are "bake off" ie precooked ( fried I bet) elsewhere, then baked in the ovens then iced and glazed. So theres nothing "fresh" about them :D

In terms of making them I would make a donut batter, but maybe ever so slightly thicker, quickly dusted in flour if possible to stay in shape and then deep fry, cool and glaze :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Curv
    Curv Posts: 2,572 Forumite
    Oh, God! I bought some of these as a treat when DS was ill last week... I've been craving them ever since. Don't suppose there's any way of putting a 'diet' spin on them is there?

I know, I know... I'm dreaming :rolleyes:

Why can't I be one of those people who goes right off food when they find out it's not good for them? Pfffft!
    Things I wouldn't say to your face

Not my real name
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi there :beer: Sorry, but I've had to delete a post as it contravenes this rule:

Take care over copyright. Use excerpts and links rather than copying long text. This site asserts copyright on all comments posted on the board.

Link to the recipe here ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Arent they just a funny shaped glazed doughnut?
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • *Maya*
    *Maya* Posts: 317 Forumite
    Reverbe wrote: »
    Arent they just a funny shaped glazed doughnut?

Do you have a recipe?
    :)
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Curv wrote: »
    Don't suppose there's any way of putting a 'diet' spin on them is there?

I know, I know... I'm dreaming :rolleyes:

Yes, you can eat them as part of a balanced, healthy diet. They are better for you than lighter, less calorific snacks as they have the appropriate number of calories for their taste. They fill you up and you are likely to treat them sensibly.

'Lite' or 'diet' snacks are obnoxious, toxic monstrosities that can confuse your metabolism and tempt you to stuff down too many.

A little of what you fancy, etcetera.
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    *Maya* wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe?
    ermm my point which you seemed to have missed was you take a doughnut recipe and shape them differently??? Are you seeking my posts down just to criticise now Maya? I look forward to you having a go at Boots for sending me items..:confused::confused:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport