Only cruises - cruise deals for all

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    cosyc wrote: »
    Just booked today costa magica 28 july £557 inside or £743 for a balcony. went for the inside so just over £50 a day still cheap. Also added the drinks pack at £11.50 a day.

Got back from our trip.
    Much better than our expectations set by the limited revews available.
    Cruise is good value but drinks expensive so good call on the drinks package.
    the X-1 is for meal times but tip or two to a waiter should help extend the hours, J2 package has bigger selectio nand no limit on hours.
    Food is not top notch but you can ask for special meals off menu, we had a couple of great curries.
    Seek out Ron the UK entertainer
    Shuttle buses are also expensive so research public options.
    Eg: in Hamburg the public bus/train system is <€10 group(5 people) ticket all day bus stop 100m from the ship.
    http://www.hvv.de/en/tickets/

If booked on deck 6 consider moving, entertainment runs till 1:30am sometime 2:00am in all lounges so unless you are a ate night person the cabin could be noisy
  • I have the second week in August booked as holiday and still haven't booked my cruise.
    Last year I got lucky and went out of Venice for £354 each (inside) on RCL. If anyone does see any amazing deals it would be appreciated!!

Hopefully we will get something - if not I have promised my wife that she can take me fishing for a week instead!
  • We are in the same "boat". I am looking for a weeks cruise in early Aug but have had no luck. If you see anything, let me know please.
  • deejayp
    deejayp Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi all,

I'm hoping I've posted this in the right place. We have decided on a med cruise next year for myself and 2 children and then another cabin for my parents. We are looking at the Thomson Island Escape cruise on 14 August 2012 from Palma for 7 nights

The price is showing on Thomson website at £4421 for flights and the 2 cabins.

I haven't been on a cruise before, should I book now or wait for a late deal?

Has anyone got any opinions on this or can get me a better deal?

Thank-you x
    March Grocery Challenge - £73.57 / £250.00
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 July 2011 at 11:55AM
    deejayp wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm hoping I've posted this in the right place. We have decided on a med cruise next year for myself and 2 children and then another cabin for my parents. We are looking at the Thomson Island Escape cruise on 14 August 2012 from Palma for 7 nights

The price is showing on Thomson website at £4421 for flights and the 2 cabins.

I haven't been on a cruise before, should I book now or wait for a late deal?

Has anyone got any opinions on this or can get me a better deal?

Thank-you x

HI, don't have time to look at the details, but that quote sounds very excessive. From what I have seen prices are coming down as companies are desperate to sell cruises. You should try all the cruise deal sites like iglu.com and check the deals there.

Also tempted to say that for that price you should be looking at some of the better cruise lines. We have done a Med cruise with Royal Caribbean in August and can't fault them.

Just looked at prices for RCL on iglu: for August this year (not 2012) you can get the same sort of cruise with flights for £649 per person
  • deejayp
    deejayp Posts: 20 Forumite
    loobs40 wrote: »
    HI, don't have time to look at the details, but that quote sounds very excessive. From what I have seen prices are coming down as companies are desperate to sell cruises. You should try all the cruise deal sites like iglu.com and check the deals there.

Also tempted to say that for that price you should be looking at some of the better cruise lines. We have done a Med cruise with Royal Caribbean in August and can't fault them.

Just looked at prices for RCL on iglu: for August this year (not 2012) you can get the same sort of cruise with flights for £649 per person

Thank-you for your reply, so would we be better to wait to book this?

We wanted to look at going to either Barcelona or Gibraltar (don't mind which) and also Italy (don't mind where).
    March Grocery Challenge - £73.57 / £250.00
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you checked out the forums on cruisecritic.co.uk ? That would be a better place to ask these type of questions. They have a first time cruiser forum.
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Royal Caribbean have just dropped august Malaga and some Venice prices.

Look on cruise fish (you need to know which ship you want) it shows prices and history.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    Costa Magica 9n at £399 Stansted flight to Hamburg back from Amsterdam

cruiseclubuk by email.

We enjoyed our week on the ship and this is good value even for one day less.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    edited 7 September 2011 at 6:17PM
    can't believe how long it has been since a good deal has come up.

Been a few ok deals but nothing that good.

Anyway

NCL 3 day sale for Jade cruises has some very good cruise only prices.

These 2 caught my eye cruise only.

26oct / 16 Nov ex Rome 10 nights from £330 for inside, Aft facing balcony looks good at £648.

other sailings are good value as well if you can tie in with flights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure