Easyjet Price Promise

2»

Comments

• Hi there
    I booked some flights online to Paphos (March 2017) at the beginning of November (the same time last year they were very cheap, so I tried to apply the same logic) :o)

I've been keeping an eye on them, as I noticed last December they were being sold even cheaper - I tried to access the price promise last December for the difference with no luck. They told me you have to claim for the price promise on the day the price is showing online, I rang the following morning...

Anyway - I've seen now that the price is lower than I paid at the beginning of November and I wondered if anyone knows if you can only claim the difference once? So if I ring them now to take it forward, but they go up for sale even cheaper mid December will I have to take the original difference and that's the end? Or hold out in case it goes lower and potentially miss out? Or claim now, and potential again in December?

The higher price we paid meant we went for less convenient times, if we'd 'held out' til now we could have afforded the times we originally wanted!

If we manage to get a voucher back for the difference, whichever option we go for, can it be used to cover the costs of any amendments to the existing booking (can we get flight times changed to the times we originally wanted and pay with voucher)?

It's so complicated, sorry to type such a missive. Hope someone can help.
  • pelaca
    pelaca Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lou_tree wrote: »
    Hi there
    I booked some flights online to Paphos (March 2017) at the beginning of November (the same time last year they were very cheap, so I tried to apply the same logic) :o)

I've been keeping an eye on them, as I noticed last December they were being sold even cheaper - I tried to access the price promise last December for the difference with no luck. They told me you have to claim for the price promise on the day the price is showing online, I rang the following morning...

Anyway - I've seen now that the price is lower than I paid at the beginning of November and I wondered if anyone knows if you can only claim the difference once? So if I ring them now to take it forward, but they go up for sale even cheaper mid December will I have to take the original difference and that's the end? Or hold out in case it goes lower and potentially miss out? Or claim now, and potential again in December?

The higher price we paid meant we went for less convenient times, if we'd 'held out' til now we could have afforded the times we originally wanted!

If we manage to get a voucher back for the difference, whichever option we go for, can it be used to cover the costs of any amendments to the existing booking (can we get flight times changed to the times we originally wanted and pay with voucher)?

It's so complicated, sorry to type such a missive. Hope someone can help.

You can claim the difference for the same booking more than once, I have done this recently.
  • tece
    tece Posts: 137 Forumite
    I claimed on the price promise around 6 weeks ago. Spoke to an agent and got my email with the credit for my next flight, no problem.
    Just by chance today as I'm looking at flights for later this year, I logged into my Easyjet account. To my horror I found that on my current booking the inbound flight is the same route as my outbound flight a week later.
    I called customer services and they have re-amended it but the process took getting on for 20 minutes. The agent who processed the price promise amended the flight in error.
    Just posting this to advise MSE forumites to always keep an eye on their booking.
  • Easyjet have amended their terms and conditions to effectively remove their price promise except for a privileged few who are members of their Plus Club or Flight Club Members.
    They recently reduced the price of a flight from £189 to £101 and will not refund the difference. While this is good news if you leave booking to the last moment it's not so good news if you trusted their price promise and purchased the flight in good time.

This is despite their help pages still saying that prices only go up.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/fare-pricing

They appear to be in a race with Ryanair to the bottom and to have abandoned all concept of honest service.
  • Just thought. Does anyone know when the terms and conditions were amended?
    DD booked some months ago and it would give me great pleasure if she booked under the old T&Cs
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Call and claim for it.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This is despite their help pages still saying that prices only go up.

What they say is that prices *generally* go up which is true of easyJet more than many other airlines.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Does anyone know when the terms and conditions were amended?

According to an MSE article published at the time the cut-off date is February 21.
  • Contacted them today,4 Sept 17, price promise supposedly ended February 2017, they didn't want to know!
  • TERDOR wrote: »
    Contacted them today,4 Sept 17, price promise supposedly ended February 2017, they didn't want to know!

What do you mean, supposedly? It did unless you're an EZY plus card holder or flight club member.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure