Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Comments

• angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    I work in a designer outlet and there's a YC store. Really disappointing everytime I've been past as there's not much of a saving on anything.

I went to an outlet mall in the US (perks of marrying a Yank) and got large jars for $10 which is about 6 quid each. Nothing even comes close to that in the UK :(
    I live in town with designer outlet or dobbies and dobbies seem to have better offers than the outlet store :(
  • Cooper18 wrote: »
    Play.com seem to do one of the big jars at £12.99 fairly regularly. I got clean cotton, fluffy towels and some random purple one I can't quite recall over the course of a week or two. Free delivery of course. Made 3 folk happy at Christmas!
    I ordered the clean cotton and drift away Yankee candles from Play when they were £12.99 each a couple of months ago. When I received the drift away Yankee candle from Hermes it was smashed to pieces. Play had stupidly just put it in plastic wrapping. There was no bubble wrapping or protection of any sort. I was expecting it to come well packaged in a box as everywhere else seems to package them. I had to take a photo of the damage and Play refunded me after a week. I quickly cancelled the other order for the clean cotton Yankee candle too. Won't be ordering any more from them as can't trust them to arrive in one piece. The stupidity of whoever 'packed' it there was breath taking.
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was at H of F in Exeter on Thurs, they still had a good selection of 50% off Yankee things then went to Debenhams and they just had shelves where it had all been - boo hoo! Must mobilise a bit earlier next year but hopefully my click and collect will turn up at some point from HOF although they have not texted me as yet....
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • All Christmas Yankee candles are half price at Clintons - large, medium, small jars, 'sets', samplers & ceramics.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • Has this just started? I was in Clintons yesterday. Saw plenty of candles but no signs about discounts...
  • It's only the xmas range so if yours have all gone there may be no signs? I got mine on Friday HTH
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, I popped into Clintons, again, empty shelves where the yankee discounted candles had been, managed to get 2 samplers of Cherries on Snow yummy.
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Cooper18
    Cooper18 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Natasha_H wrote: »
    I ordered the clean cotton and drift away Yankee candles from Play when they were £12.99 each a couple of months ago. When I received the drift away Yankee candle from Hermes it was smashed to pieces. Play had stupidly just put it in plastic wrapping. There was no bubble wrapping or protection of any sort. I was expecting it to come well packaged in a box as everywhere else seems to package them. I had to take a photo of the damage and Play refunded me after a week. I quickly cancelled the other order for the clean cotton Yankee candle too. Won't be ordering any more from them as can't trust them to arrive in one piece. The stupidity of whoever 'packed' it there was breath taking.

Mine weren't the best attempt at packing I've ever seen, but they arrived in one piece. Wrapped in bubble wrap but floating loose in a huge box... I noticed a lot of awful packaging from Amazon over Christmas too (not like them in my experience) so wondered if places are too busy to bother, or hire in seasonal staff who are a bit clueless?!
  • It's only the xmas range so if yours have all gone there may be no signs? I got mine on Friday HTH

Thanks, I'll have another look. Stocked up on cheap cinnamon tarts last year, was hoping for something similar again. Been really disappointed in the sales so far! Mind you, I suppose the real bargains come later in the month...
  • Xmas range are half price in my local garden centre (garden centre group)
    Debt Free since 23rd October 2008 :heart2:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure