What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 February 2017 at 9:51PM
    Good Morning All

It's looking gorgeous here today so it lifts the spirits too, my little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hairdresser @ home - Done
    Clean bird feeder and refill (hoping it encourages the gorgeous pheasant to keep visiting) - Done (and yes he's been back, spent most of afternoon)
    Washing & line dry - Done
    DS haircut after school - Done
    DS Footie Training - Done
    Continue purge on emails - Done a few
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done

Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all,

DD slept through so rested but dark rings and cough developed. I was torn about school but have sent her in and given clear instruction to teacher she is to be sent home if struggling. I never know whats best when its a cold. I feel uneasy and a bit guilty for sending her but I think its important not to miss school if its only minor. Problem is at this age its hard to work out how ill she is as any amount of ill feels awful.

Well done allydowd and fingers crossed you get a good outcome.

Ziggy, 14! Oh how I wish I was 14 again although when my elder DD was 14 it made me think that being a grown up wasn't so bad after all. Although 14 with no social media was a whole different world.

Purps you totally wrote my thoughts on how lucky Dawn's daughter is to have such support and how wonderful it is for GD to have that special bond with her granny. My little DD has the same with her paternal gm as ex's parents helped with childcare in early years and have made a lot of effort to be around since to support ex, its beautiful.

So today:
    *Bit of pet related cleaning
    *Clothes mountain
    *Survey experiment
    *General tidy up
    *work,work,work
    *Meals from stores - must get something out freezer

Right, tea and then start. Sun peeping through here too so always lifts the spirits! Might email teacher in a couple of hours to check in - she always replies promptly.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Afternoon, pop pickers :)

I wasn't about much yesterday as bit of a rough day but still some wins:

£12.80 rebate for travel disruption last month, I got this put back onto the CC from whence it came!

The One Pound Meals cookbook I've been coveting *finally* got put on the free table just as I was standing there. I made everyone jump as I yelped in delight :o

Free finest hot cross buns to test (lovely) and well as H0tel Choc0lat Easter Bunnies (disappointing.)

Today I have remembered to take YS shepherds pie out of the freezer for dinner tonight. I also brought in enough tins of soup to keep me going until next Friday.

Free apple pie.

Have a good day all :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    Shocking insomnia at the moment....woke up at 1.10 a.m & didn't really achieve any more sleep apart from short dozes. Feel utterly zombified today.......but even zombies can keep the money-saving faith:
    *Delivered small knitting order. Cheque to follow.
    *Soaked free sweet pea seeds ready to sow tomorrow.
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Paid in £7 of bagged small change from our shrapnel box. Will pay it across to the Loan Pay Down Fund in the spirit of every little helps.
    *My car day today, so timed the car park so it was only 'expensive' & not 'hideously expensive'. Parking on the outskirts for free & walking in not an option today as had heavy items to buy, & in any case, was zombie.
    *Met friend for coffee but only had 1 drink & 1 scone funded from my February personal spends so no effect on the bank account. Lots of lovely lunches sailing past us & we were there over lunchtime but I didn't get tempted.
    *Posted ebay parcel.
    *Shopped around for printer paper. Saw it for 2 reams for £9.99 in a well-known high street purveyor of such things. It was £2.99 in Wilko's so I bought it there.
    *While in Wilko's, checked the cat food.....I can't remember who it was on here who flagged up the price of cat food in Wilko's but I am grateful as the on offer brands change quite frequently & I can get a good saving on a brand our cat likes. Today I got a box of 12 pouches for £2.24 (£3.50 elsewhere) & the same of cat's best brand for £3.25 (normal price is £4.85) so that's a good saving of £2.86 for nearly a fortnight's meat........or around £74.00 over a whole year if those prices continue to hold.
    *Entered competition.
    *Ironing. One of my most tedious jobs. Saved electricity as usual by only ironing what absolutely needed it, but it was still loads.
    Still to do:
    *Pile of mending.....one item has been on the 'Annoying Things' list for the longest time, yet I reckon once I've threaded my needle, it will be done in 5 minutes. Why DO we constantly put off these little things & let their continued presence annoy us? I can see I need to re-visit my Annoying Things list big-time!
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Divide up a big pack of pork steaks & freeze what I don't need tonight to make another meal.
    I think that's it. I feel like flopping down in front of the TV tonight but must try to keep myself awake so there's more chance of me falling & staying asleep tonight.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • angelpye
    Forumite
    :j:j:j:j:j:j

Today is a marvellous day!

I won TWO competitions for my local theatre - one for something to do with DD but a family ticket so invited a friend whose daughter is also DD's best friend and one for an evening show - which I have invited an old friend who has been trying to pin me down for a night out but i have been evading fixing a date due to funds. :j

And I got cheque through of a refund which was higher than I anticipated so the spare cash will cover the popcorn for DD (she loves theatre pop corn) and drinks when I go out with friend! :T:T:T

But I did go buy a couple of lottery tickets too because I was feeling lucky :D:rotfl:

From feeling guilty about not having the money to take DD out as much and feeling a little isolated due to budget to having two great dates to look forward to and will be minimal spends :D

In fact this whole week has been pretty lucky so far and DD is pretty perky so it is a very good day.

Foxgloves I know what you mean about that list of 'Annoying Things' - I should probably start writing it down and targeting one a day...they take up far too much headspace. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

FVD you workplace sounds ideal for a money saver!

Tonight I think I am going to take a wander into YNAB and see how I get on.

Hospital appointment tomorrow - won't go into detail and its not life threatening, although worries me, but tomorrow is part of ongoing observation after a procedure I had a couple of months ago.

Hope you all have a lovely evening. I going to spend mine glowing in my luck :)
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    EF £0/£4200
  • Happy days angelpye - love it when good things happen :D
    I've almost made it to half term. I've been mad busy all week at work but gotten very little done - my marking pile is getting bigger and bigger, which is just a bit depressing. But I am busy with work related stuff, just stuff I consider to be more important than the marking. Not enough hours in the day.
    Not much mse stuff today. Another £109 at the vets :eek: but the happy news is that naughty tortie is officially better again and doesn't need to go back for a couple of months. I've not had a working day of less than 10 hours so far this week by the time I've gotten everything done. And I still need to prep my interview task for next week as well. I just want to be less tired though.
    All I'll be doing for the rest of tonight is more crochet. A lovely work colleague gave me a stack of old crochet mags and I already want to make lots from them. :D
    Hope you get a better night of sleep tonight Foxgloves. I feel your pain with the insomnia.
  • Right I am back on track after a wobbly start to the week.

- Taken lunch to work two days and purchased a sandwich today.
    - Going out for a friends birthday at the weekend, it lovely to be invited and it a budget option for lunch all you can eat type place and the kids will enjoy it.
    - Cashed in £10 for surveys and heading towards another £20, I think I will put these to Christmas if possible.
    - Moved money around from savings as I have paid for my new car deposit.
    - Sent HRMC a complaint regarding Concentrix as I was caught up in the 7 circles of hell, I have asked for compensation so nothing lost etc..
    - Need a bag of shopping so I might head to budget supermarket
  • angelpye
    Forumite
    1 LuckyLady that's greatness on the holiday price match! Reminds you to check mine.

CCL glad the tortoise is better as pets can be as much worry as children!
    EF £0/£4200
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:

I had to cancel job#2 again tonight - really not working well at the moment. Tempted to can it.:( Oh well, another night at home and need to pay £16.50 of my own cash for the pleasure of NOT using the hall... :(

I entered a comp today - that'll be a free Caribbean holiday for me and OH :D

I need to sort YNAB/check banking :dance: Angelpye - that's great about your YNAB/student perks :T

Got @ldi special buy bulky yarn for a pal's baby blanket :) Will look for a free pattern on ravelry.

Reading free ebook and listening to free audio book. :A

Hopefully an early night for me!

xx
  • Evening everyone,

Smiles to anyone who needs it this evening.

Over the next few days I will/have:
    *[STRIKE]Update YNAB[/STRIKE] done
    *Call the gas company to ask about meter reading
    *work work work on passive income source as I have a few days off work
    *aim for minimum spend days with food from stores. This week I've been in and out of various clinics for tests so unfortunately that has meant paying for transport, but budget will cover it
    *look for parts for a bike I'm restoring

Have a nice evening,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business