3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

I'm doing better each day I think....Things seem to be going better in terms of work and also how I feel....So I'm pleased....

Today I'm off down to Cornwall to see my Brother, Sister-in-Law and my Nephews and Nieces....and then next Weekend I'm off to Paris for my Birthday....I've planned carefully for these Weekends so I've been working as best I can to be able to afford to go and take the time off....So some things to look forward to :D

I've finally put some money back into my Emergency Fund....Not as much as I wanted to but still a good start....And I decided to go for the full £6000 rather than just an initial Target....I think that will keep me more motivated....

So that's where I'm at at the moment....Let's hope for a WONDERFUL Weekend...and please everyone, stay safe in this Weather....and keep warm xXx :)

Here's to the Updates....

muppets - I've Updated the First Page...I couldn't find a Euro Symbol on my Computer so I've just written "Euro" ... I hope that's okay.....And you're doing AWESOME already...Keep going xXx :)

x_raphael_xx - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep moving forwards and you'll reach your Goal xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep going hun xXx :)

dfbefore30 - WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to the Gang...It's lovely to have you here....I have added you to the First Page and it will be lovely to hear how you are getting on....Do let us know....and you're already doing AMAZING!! xXx :)

Dobbibill - Thank you for welcoming our newest Member, you're lovely and I really appreciate it....I hope you're well xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page...you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep going.... xXx :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello all

I've added a little bit of 'spare' money (as if money is ever spare!) to my 3-6 month fund. This takes my total to £2008.66

Take care

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's so good to hear you sounding so upbeat again, Helen:j. You really deserve some good times and it sounds as if you have plenty to look forward to:T. Paris, my favourite city in the whole world. I'm green with envy, it's so many years since I was last there:o
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi all

Just checking in for this week with a £32.00 saving to add to the pot.

Not much I know, but I need to get started with something as since I have joined I haven't posted and I really want to keep my goal alive by checking in every sunday and saying I have saved something (no matter how big or small!)

so now up to £132.00/£2000

2017... bring it on!
    Dx
    Started again 25th December 2017
    Current tracking - £7,955.84/ £18,282.25 to pay off. (31.12.19)
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

I think (I hope!) that the tides have finally turned....I'm feeling better....both physically and emotionally....And I have had a lovely Weekend down in Cornwall (although rotten journey home) and have Paris to look forward to this Weekend (which I can't wait for!)....So things are looking good although I don't want to jinx things!!

What I need to focus on now is building up my Savings (including my Emergency Fund, which is important to me)....and also focussing on my Weight....which needs to be sorted out and soon.... :)

Here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing absolutely AMAZING!! Keep on going.... xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Thank you for what you said...I AM feeling happier, it's been a very long time coming.....I can't wait for Paris...I'll be spending the whole time at Disneyland Paris, never been there before but I cannot wait to indulge in some fantasy and imagination.... xXx :)

Determined diva - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going....And don't worry about moving slowly, everyone takes this Challenge at their own pace...and remember, small steps lead to marathons... xXx :)
  • PoorGuyNextDoor
    Options
    As a result of £1,000 car repairs (gfs car, my fault :( ) I am running January at a £500 loss. So il just start from the next payday on the 27th where i hope to get £200 put away. The aim is to put at least that away every month without touching it so come the end of 2017 there will be £2,400+ in there as an emergency fund.
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    PoorGuyNextDoor - I think what you're telling me that you are starting at zero? Don't worry, you'll get there...and it sounds like you have a good Plan so go for it xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another update from me #2

Added £224.91 so my new total is £8208.82 aka 94.35%

Happy Friday too and keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D

better get my sig updated ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You'll be in wonderful Paris as I write this, Helen, so I'm a bit late to send my best wishes for a wonderful time:o

I really hope you're having a memorable time:dance:. After all you've been through this past year you certainly deserve one:A.

Did you say it was/is your birthday? If so, here's some cake to enjoy when you get back:bdaycake:
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Can you sign me up please... £6000
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business