No more borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Comments

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Today the money was paid just in the nick of time. The mortgage is paid. Phew.. I don't want any more of these worries.

The mum paid the final balance. It was 20 days late.

The cottage is ready for the final Wowcher guest tomorrow. Back to normal on Friday...

20 days without robbing Peter to pay Paul .

Plan for tomorrow is to find cheaper buildings insurance. And contact credit union.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    20 days is good :)
    Glad rent was paid in the nick of time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poohbear59
    edited 29 March 2017 at 8:08AM
    I wrote two posts but they aren't here��

Yesterday I transferred £250 from credit union to put current account and then straight over to my credit card. I have worked out that we had spent £124 over 14 days in March on groceries from our current account.

DD has asked us to recommend her for a Nationwide account. It means that we will receive £100 when their transfer is complete..

I have already spent £156 since Mr P's pension day on 24th. All in good and household stuff. The meal plan is complete for the month. I don't stick to it rigidly but swap days around depending on how we feel. One thing I am spending a lot on is fruit. Hoping for some cheap ideas for replacement. I munch on fruit to keep me from gaining weight. I tried carrots but I went orange.....
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
  • poohbear59
    Credit card balance is now £4245. Down from £4650 21 days ago. I would love to be able to sustain this amount of payback but we have to be realistic.

Our porch is still disintegrating before our eyes and seems to be getting towards a critical point. Some day the wind will blow and the windows will drop out.......................

I am researching used porch/conservatories on 3bay to see if I can come up with a solution. But I am also determined not to spend on anything unnecessary. We have some serious rot in the timber of both front and back porches. The roof and stone walls are sound.

And we need a lawnmower but I have found a few for under £30 on Facebook market so will probably buy one in the next couple of weeks. Other than that our spends and needs are pretty low.....
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Phew. Just catching up and pleased it was all sorted in the nick of time. But so worrying.

Pity you need to buy a lawnmower...but given you sounds so rural I suspect you do need one. As we are now, we have agreed with neighbours that if the mower or other garden/DIY type stuff goes wrong in future we shall simply share..no need for every household to own one of each of these barely used items!!

Good luck with the porch and conservatory

Brizzle xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm glad the payment was made in time for the mortgage to go out. Nick of time indeed! So worrying to have that on top of your cc and porches.
    Could your oh and sons do a repair holding job to keep the porches in place for now?
    Best wishes,
    V
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • luckylise
    luckylise Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi PoohB59

I hope you don't mind me popping by to say hello, I need some debt busting inspiration and have decided after reading just 2 pages of your diary, that you are it....you have already done this before and your meal plans look so tasty and I really do need to get our shopping bill down, so hope you don't mind a harmless lurker popping in to steal some recipes and ideas.

Shame about the porches, I would imagine that would be quite an expensive job, maybe a Verbatim says a repair would do for now.
    Total Debt 31st August 2016 £34,586 :eek:
    Debt 29/03/17 £28,371 (18%)

31/01/17 3 Stone (42 lb) to lose
    29/03/17 21 lbs to lose
  • poohbear59
    edited 29 March 2017 at 5:45PM
    Verbatim, I need to inspire them to want to do it. I think Mr P would do a bodge job and DS2 will want to do it properly. I have had a look in the shed and we have some bits of timber. Maybe if I come up with a plan they will be inspired.

Thank you very much for your lovely words luckylise. I hope that I can help in some way. You have reminded me to put this and next week's meal plan on here.

Tonight it is spag bol, loaded with vegetables. The leftovers can be made into a chili with added beans tomorrow.

All the beans are from dried beans, soaked, cooked and then frozen in meal sized portions.

Brizzled we have been sharing our neighbour's lawn mower but as she is down a steep hill from us it is getting more difficult for Mr P to bring it up here. His shoulder is still not good at all. We do share a lot of tools etc too.

Mr P has sneaked out to the pub. I will want to know exactly what he has spent when he gets home.. :)
  • Re the Kindle monthly payment, could you try asking very nicely on the live chat whether they would consider refunding the payments, seeing as you didn't realise you were paying and haven't used it? It's a bit cheeky but Amazon have really good customer service so you might get some of it back at least!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Cheering you on as always.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure