smallholdingsister's strivings

Comments

• LauraJo, I really don't know what you mean.....

Good luck with making every penny count.

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Oh Fab! You have to be nice to me!!!

Pony Club today involved a spectacular meltdown by DD2 when she refused to get off the hoss and drink her milk.
    So spectacular was it that DD1 rode Plops in the mini gymkhana games ( very slowly so they didn't win ). I have been kicked and bitten, not
    by the animals but by my 7 year old.
    Consequently day #2 of the storecupboard challenge and fiscal fast got blown in a mercy dash to tossco for half price pizza and Cotes de Gascogne.
    That'll learn me for criticising the other parents.On the bright side, the Plops was a veritable angel, given that lead reining is a foreign concept to her. She was a proper comedy pony when she saw some eejit (sorry everyone but Laura Jo and Watty who will get it) lungeing a pony before putting their kid on it. The look on her face when she realised ponies could be made to do exercise WITHOUT A RIDER was priceless. Horrified!
    So at least the whole family got a day out including the animals.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You poor thing! Tossco pizza is extremely important in these situations ... and I remember being bitten by my niece when she was 3, it really hurt!

The comedy with the Plops sounds great :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Ha ha Alex.

The feedback is
    garden too small
    garage too small
    where's the drive?
    Kitchen too small.

They are true, false, !!!!!!? and false IMHO.

All of the above is subjective.

Garage and drive space will be important if your potential buyers are into their cars or even have a teenage son / daughter. Is it a single or double garage and do the photos of your property not show your drive?

From the photo you posted of your kitchen I didn't think it too small but I'm somebody who likes to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. However, I like to eat in a dining room, so would upon first impressions (from what you've told me) be saying 'no' unless one sitting room is big enough to house a grand piano and have sitting space around it in order to make sitting room 2 into a dining room. Everyone has a life to move into a house and it must fit their needs, frustrating for the seller I'll agree.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 August 2015 at 12:06AM
    Hello and welcome newby, best of luck with your shiny new diary :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Hi Alex. Its a big single garage, space for a car, a workbench, a fridge freezer, the water pump...there is no drive but there is ample parking on the village square right in front, so no drive mentioned in the details.
    Either sitting room would comfortably hold a big table and chairs and an upright but not a grand piano!

Hi Newgirly *waves*

Up at stupid o'clock because the dog conned us into feeding her twice and needed out repeatedly. We have left the door open -joys of rural life!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Hope you got some more sleep...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Thanks I did until DS came in and discovered he could post his hands and feet between my ankles!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Don't get me started on the costs involved in growing three small people into big, strong, accomplished adults!

Ah yes. I am just getting started with this. What an expensive time it is! However, my children have so many more opportunities than myself or DH had. I just want them to look back as adults with fond memories of an amazing childhood. :)
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 August 2015 at 9:19AM
    Wine mercy dashes are always expensive. Sounds like it was needed though!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure