No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I repainted my nails last night with Maybelline Really Rosy - an old favourite.
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Nails painted Illamasqua Raindrops, a pretty slightly pearlised light grey, really suits my skin tone.

I repainted mine this morning and am wearing OPI Lunch at the Delhi (another favourite from the India collecton) with my new Essie Playing Koi on the ring fingers.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Gemzie121 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, apologies for being very very late to the party again but im still doing the challenge, just have been very busy moving into new house. Still got loads of unpacking to do. So theres been less movement on the toiletries front but hopefully back to normality soon. I have some uus to report anyway and heres this months PP:

1. Dove beauty finish roll on deodorant
    2. Lush dont rain on my parade shower gel sample
    3. Lush beautiful shower gel sample
    5. Lush lord of misrule shower gel sample
    6. Lush olive branch shower gel sample
    7. Lush elbow grease moisturising bar sample
    8. Lush love & light hand cream sample
    9. Lush key lime lip balm sample
    10. Lush enzymion moisturiser sample
    11. Lush karma kream body lotion sample
    12. M&S peach & almond body butter 200ml
    13. Sanex dermo invisible spray deodorant
    14. St. Ives normal & combination skin chamomile facial cleansing wipes
    15. Avon far away exotic eau de toilette 50ml
    16. Lynx attract for her deodorant body spray

UU's:

Lush plum rain shower gel sample - WBA, and already have full size in stash. I love the smell of this and the scent lingers on the skin.

Lush retread conditioner sample- WMBA as full size. Not sure how much it did for my hair but did like the smell and the scent lingered.

Lush cynthia sylvia stout beer shampoo sample - WBA as full size when ive finished my current lush shampoo, i actually quite liked the smell of this in use and my hair seems to like it.

Lush yellow fun sample - WMBA i dic like the scent of this but its quite subtle and didnt linger much. I used it in shower as soap and it did me a few showers. I think i prefer shower gel though so will probably use my full size bars as bath bubbles or for shaving.

Next velvet bloom eau de toilette 30ml - WBA if i can get hold of more! I actually nearly cried at finishing this as i love the scent. Kicking myself that i didnt get a 100ml as its such a lovely scent and its been discontinued now i think :( the bottle is really pretty too.

TBS cherry blossom eau de toilette 10ml - WBA and already have more in stash. I like the smell of this one, its quite a light scent so i wore it a lot for work.

TBS white musk libertine eau de toilette 10ml - WBA and have more stashed. One of my favourite scents when i want something lighter and pretty. The scent seems to linger and last a good amount for the price.

Johnsons facial cleansing wipes (pale blue packet) - WBA when on offer, these are really good quality and nice thick wipes. Do the job well.

I also have a ton of ins as my friend posted out the lush she had got and kept for me while i had no address for nearly 2 months. They are in drawer under my bed so will declare those tomorrow when i can get them out as cant remember it all! Was a lovely house warming/welcome home parcel :D

Very jealous about all your lush! With samples are they good at giving them out? Do you just ask in store?

I feel like I'm being a bit enabling and enabled on the shopping front!
  • fixx wrote: »
    Oooh, lots to catch-up on, but I've some UUs and Ins to report quickly:

UUs:
    - Catrice Nail expert nail hardener. WNBA. Was fine (as a base coat), and cheap, but nothing special.
    - Rituals Xiu Xi Calming body and massage oil. WNB. Nice scent, but just didn't sink in as well as other body oils (e.g. Elemis, Bio Oil) so was a bit annoying for a couple of hours after using. It was a gift though, and I did like using it.

Ins:
    Ok I've been a bit naughty here :o I went to the House of Fraser website to order some birthday pressies for people (all Urban Decay stuff), and this banner appeared with a special beauty offer - £20 for a big bag of goodies when you spend over £75... Not the pressies I was going to order weren't quite £75, so I ended up buying a hair mask for myself too :rotfl: In
    my defence, I've run out of hair masks, and using coconut oil has NOT been going well! So ins are:

- Origins Rich rewards Intensive Moisture treatment hair mask, + a free mini Origins GinZeng moisturiser
    - House Of Fraser All About Skincare Kit (the £20 bonus collection) which includes:
    Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion (100ml)
    Lancôme Advanced Genifique (7ml)
    Molton Brown Pink Pepper Body Wash (50ml)
    Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Double Extract Serum (7ml)
    Elizabeth Arden Prevage Intensive Serum (5ml)
    Sisley Black Rose Mask (10ml)
    Elemis Ultra Rich Pro Collagen Marine Cream (15ml)
    Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate (4ml)
    Murad Invisiblur (5ml)
    Erborian CC Crème (5ml)
    Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (10ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Eye Cream (5ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Youthful Oil Serum (5ml)
    I'm actually really happy with all of that, I have no mini skincare things left, and all the above will be used! So yeah...:p

On a less positive note, I also bought the Aldi beauty advent calendar, which I'm not so impressed by. I will use it all in December, but there are definitely better value ones out there.

Girl after my own heart with the gifts with purchase..... Some of those goodies sound lovely. I think we need someone stern to tell us off for our naughty sprees though, seem to have all had a few lately I think it's the time of year.
  • Carolyn12
    Carolyn12 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

Thank you for the welcome back ValM- I'm glad your rot problem isn't too bad in your kitchen, and I hope Emma is enjoying herself in Newcastle.

Gemzie- I hope all is well with you, i'm glad you're finally into your new home.

Fixx- Those are some lovely freebie INs!

EssexHebridean- Hello, I'm not an original, but I do remember you from when I started posted here back in c.2011-12?!

Well, my planned purchase of a nice Advent Calendar treat is probably out of the window, my beautiful furbaby (cat) was rushed to the vet on Wednesday and is still there, and my DH is having ongoing taxman issues- if anyone is a tax lawyer- please do get in touch lol.

Never mind, I have received some nice freebies over the last couple of months, which I will treat myself to in December.

One small UU:
    A soap. Unsure of the brand, but did the job.
    I have a hand cream and a shower gel also on their way out so they should be next.

Have a great day all!
  • Carolyn12
    Carolyn12 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    VALM wrote: »
    Lipsticks used to be my Achilles heel too until I got to the point where I was buying the same kind of colour over and over again looking for the MLBB colour and getting it completely wrong. Saying that this week I have pulled out a no 7 lippie and have new found love for it. It was bought on impulse. On a previous shopping trip with Emma we had gone into Boots when they were doing a lipstick matching service. I much preferred the lipstick Emma got and convinced myself that I really didn't like mine - I think it's called Soft Tulip. Anyway I've been applying it all week and have really liked it. Maybe it's Autumn appropriate.

I got a No7 lipstick in Soft Tulip during the August free gift box promotion. I want to use up some other lip products first before I start this one. The shade looked lovely in the store.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Carolyn12 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

Thank you for the welcome back ValM- I'm glad your rot problem isn't too bad in your kitchen, and I hope Emma is enjoying herself in Newcastle.

Gemzie- I hope all is well with you, i'm glad you're finally into your new home.

Fixx- Those are some lovely freebie INs!

EssexHebridean- Hello, I'm not an original, but I do remember you from when I started posted here back in c.2011-12?!

Well, my planned purchase of a nice Advent Calendar treat is probably out of the window, my beautiful furbaby (cat) was rushed to the vet on Wednesday and is still there, and my DH is having ongoing taxman issues- if anyone is a tax lawyer- please do get in touch lol.

Never mind, I have received some nice freebies over the last couple of months, which I will treat myself to in December.

One small UU:
    A soap. Unsure of the brand, but did the job.
    I have a hand cream and a shower gel also on their way out so they should be next.

Have a great day all!

Ooh yes Carolyn I remember you from then too! :hello: Hope to hear good news of your puss-cat soon - horrible when they're poorly.

Showered last night as I had the builder arriving first thing this morning and - hurrah - remembered to use my Body Butter. :T I've also noted an ancient tube of foot cream that needs using so I've put that somewhere obvious and will see if I can make some headway there too.

Happy weekend all - keep away from Boots, Superdrug and the toiletry aisles of the supermarket! :naughty:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • My PP by Christmas:

LE face moisturiser
    LE shower gel
    LE cleanse and polish
    Ny hand cream
    Body oil
  • Another IN, hubby brought home his O2 Freebie a cleansing lotion. Had a product recall today from Boots for the Botanics cleansing water, think i have two in stash from a couple of weeks back so will take those back and try and get refund rather than replacements.
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Carolyn - hope your cat is OK.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    New BootsFreebie day for me, Cucumber water toner IN. Other products are going down so slowly at the moment. That might be a good thing as most of the Christmas sets I've sen so far dont remotely appeal even at half price in the sales...maybe I'm cured....again:eek::eek:

oooh came on to report that I'd got this too and the cleanser as I have two phones ;)
    Also received a body and face gel to test. Reading the instructions I've to apply twice a day, but I find it most odd! Very sticky and has an unusual texture. No idea of make though.

No more UUs though to offset these yet.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport