Private Pension £1000 Bonus

Just had a call from 08435 400911 with a recorded message saying people born after 1952 may be entitled to a £1000 bonus.

I pressed 5 to find out more about it, I was asked if I had a private pension or a frozen private pension and then the lady I spoke to said she would get an advisor to call me back.

A lady phoned me back, she said they would get a financial advisor to look at my pension and see if it was in the right place and working hard enough, I said that was not what the call said and asked her about the £1000 bonus.

Basically they are a marketing company that pass your information on to financial advisors, and if you take up the advice they give you you may get £1000. I asked for the details of the financial advisors, but she would only say they have a number of them all over the country.

I'm not happy with giving my information to complete unknowns, so I told her I wasn't interested.

Seems like this is the next round of recorded message claims phone calls we will all be getting :mad:
Overpaying on mortgage and hoping to be mortgage free in 5 years saving approx £35,000 in interest!:j

Comments

• Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I had that recorded message at work last week......... I simply hung up! Just like the PPI calls and all the other recorded messages out there.....
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There are some scams in pensions where third party unregulated companies cold call and say and do things that a regulated company cannot. They then refer your case to regulated companies who may buy your data or share the earnings. The regulated company may not do anything wrong but the lies you have been told so far indicate the introducing company certainly has.

Our compliance company recently issued some warnings on these introducing companies telling us to avoid them at all costs as they feel the regulator is only a short time away from taking action against them and it is the regulated company that will end up taking the flak.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I just found that same message on my answerphone; thought "something for nothing these days?? No way". Glad you had the answer for me. Cheers:beer:
  • Summer_Sky wrote: »
    I just found that same message on my answerphone;

These people must be getting desperate - I got an answer machine solely because these pests normally don't leave a message............ they go and pester someone else.
  • I got that phone call today - just about sick of getting up and down to answer these waste of time calls!! :(
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    TPS

I registered work and my home numbers so far no nusinace calls :) takes a few weeks to kick in but worth siging up to :)
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    And just for reference, with pensions, any payment made directly to you is classed as an unauthorised payment by HMRC and would result in it falling foul of HMRC rules. They can charge upto 55% penalty and make you return it to the pension.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I am registered with the TPS, but I still get nuisance calls :(
  • I am not registered with TPS. I never hit 5 or 9. I always let the recording go to the end and don't hang up until it disconnects. That way, the system is delayed and cannot ring so many people. If everyone did that, the effectiveness will fall and their costs will go up. The disappointing thing is that there are people out there who are naive enough to follow these things up. More disappointing is the corrosive effect on society as a whole, as more people end up not trusting anybody than get scammed. When you don't trust anybody, you feel totally alone. Is it any wonder that so many are taking anti-depressants!
  • ktcov
    ktcov Posts: 17
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got this call today and I am registered with TPS (I get loads of nuisance calls).

I pressed 5 but then it sounded like it was transferred to a foreign country (the line sounded unclear) so I hung up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure