Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Comments

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Very cold out there this morning - dog walked and saw icy puddles out there!

My Sunday is going to be one or two llight chores - dog toothbrushing - yuk! Then plenty of ebay listings this afternoon to continue the decluttering.

Viral recovery continues - feel about the same as yesterday and deffo not back to normal yet. Felt quite envious of people out there running and on their bikes this morning so I must be on the road to getting back to normal now to notice them and feel this way!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Hewie29
    Hewie29 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks all for your lovely replies, feeling more positive today, was in total shock yesterday.

Stupid jetlag, was ready to go to sleep at about 8 last night but thought I'd try and stay awake til 10.30 to get back to normal, didn't work out like that, was still wide awake at 2am. Led in bed with my mind whirling round taking everything in.

I need another holiday to recover from this one.

We are taking the kids round to see mum today, we told them yesterday as felt at 15 and 12 they were old enough to know the truth and we didn't want it to be a shock when mum starts losing her hair and stuff. She doesn't look ill at all and has even put on a little bit of weight, but I think thats the high dose of steriods she is on.

thanks again for all your support, must go wake them all up now as they won't be back to normal for school.

xxxxx
    Chiari Brain Malformation - decompression survivor
    April 2013:j
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Hope today goes as well as it can for you Hewie, thinking of you. xx

Just back from a run and did a fairly easy 5K - quite pleased as I haven't been for what seems like a good while. All the walking must me doing me good.:)
  • lizzie157
    lizzie157 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you Hewie, hope you have a good day with your Mum. Don't give up if she decides to fight it with all she's got there's a good chance she could live for a good while. A friend of a friend was given months to live but lasted ten yrs even giving birth between treatments. I know it's hard but attitude does seem to have an effect on the prognosis. ((Hugs)) to you all.
    Frump to Fab - Solstice Sizzler :)
    OU creative writing student :)
    Striving for a better life! :)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Went swimming with the kids so my hair isn't looking very fab. However I did manage 3 lengths doing the front crawl. Doesn't sound much but considering I don't do the whole sticking face in water thing I flail about like a salmon jumping upstream so extra workout. It's been years since I attempted the front crawl and now I remember why I don't :rotfl:

Filed my nails this morning having bitten them the other day :o:o I know I know but if they're too long filing sets my teeth on edge :o I don't think I am designed for long nails, they bug me too much :o

Hewie I agree with Lizzie, attitude is a massive part of it, someone close to us was a true inspiration with her attitude to living with cancer. Sending you another hug for you and the kids xx

WW well done in the 5K :)

Right off to walk the hound before it gets dark and the fireworks start again......
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • im sending you all my love Hewie xx
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    I'm sorry to hear your news Hewie - it sounds like your parents have a great attitude though x x

I've been to the gym yesterday and today, so very happy with myself. I went and met a friend in town yesterday to start on the Xmas shopping, and bumped into another friend on the way down. I'd experimented a bit wit my eye makeup and she commented on how nice it looked, so will def do it again.

One of the wardrobes in my room needed replacing and my flatmate found me a freebie on facebook today, so I have spent the afternoon transferring clothes over. I took the opportunity to declutter a bit and now have two big bag ready for charity - I got rid of alot of stuff that I don't feel good in/ makes me feel frumpy; there's no point having it if I don't feel good in it!
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Hewie, my mum was diagnosed with terminal secondary bone & brain cancer after her breast cancer returned. Please PM me if you wish, in case I can help with what to expect. Your parents sound like strong people with a good family support network around them.

:grouphug:
    Floss xx
  • Morning all,

Hewie - I wish I could give you a hug and make you a nice cup of tea! I agree with what everyone has posted - write on here to get stuff out. It will help. I think you are right to tell your children. Something similar happened to my nan when I was younger and it made us all focus on what was important. We got a chance to talk about the things that mattered.

Getting over jetlag can be tricky - it always takes me about a month to get out of America time! :eek:

PP - A write-in in a bookshop sounds fabulous! Well done for going.

I'm a bit worried, as my exercise and eating habits are starting to slide. So from today it's a clean slate and I need to start listening to the tape more and slow down!

I went a bit nuts shopping wise this weekend and bought...4 dresses. (2 Tesco, 2 DP), some flats and some boots. I spent more than I should have really but they are all really lovely and it's been ages since I've bought myself clothes.

Have a good week all xxx
    Not buying any more 1.)books 2.)toiletries, esp. LUSH! 3.)stationery, unless absolutely necessary!
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Hewie - so sorry to hear about your mum

cherryprint - how'd the wardrobe tidying go?

Wasn't on over the weekend but I've caught up on all the gossip now I think from everyone. Apart from going to a fancy dress party on Saturday night I've slobbed about all weekend wearing baggy clothes to avoid upsetting the scabs on my tat. Today is the first day I've had a bra on since it was done and it's bliss :)
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure