PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...
    Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...
    Clean floors

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister

More done than I thought but plenty left to do.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Morning all,

Just going to potter today, out for lunch with Mum and daughters, then doing a roast dinner before hubby goes to work at 7.

Need to catch up on Strictly tonight, will do the ironing at the same time.

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday if possible.

See you soon x
  • Morning all :)

I am feeling a bit brighter, thank you all for your kind wishes you are all lovely xxx

YL and Dizzy - I hope you get the rest you need really soon. YL - I am here with you on the positive frame of mind, let's hope it does the trick.

No idea what today will bring. Will try not to let DS tantrumming bother me, got a few money jobs to do as well xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Absolutely lashing down here but, of the three loads I got through the WM overnight I got two through the TD, all on cheap rate. Ran the DW too.
    House is tidy and clean so I am trying to deal with work stuff and personal paperwork. Ugh.
    Sis may be going into a hospice tomorrow for pain relief sorting.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hope the deck swabbing was straightforward, Jazee. One of the reasons I don't think I'll ever have a puppy .... Have a lovely couple of days off.
    greenbee wrote: »
    Upstairs is lovely. Although I can't remember how much crap is on my bed...

Office is now useable. Hall is a mess. Can't see the dining room table...

It may not be finished, but as a work in progress it's coming on GreenBee. I'ver never know a situation where it didn't look worse half way through before it got better than it's been for a long, long time. You'll get there.

(((Hugs))) YL.
    kazwookie wrote: »
    I have a whole day off

A rare treat for you, Kazwookie. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it, although it sounds as though you've already done as much as I achieve on a good day.

For once OH was impressed with the effect that getting the Wilko's four drawer plastic storage units had on a whole section of the attic. We've ordered more so that I can tackle the next section, and he can finally get cracking on his. His stuff arrived 22 years ago, went straight up there and has been under dust sheets ever since. Admittedly he's nibbled away at the edges but I think he's always felt defeated by the amount of stuff and therefore hasn't been able to deal with any of it, really. The times they are a-changing. I hope so - he's nearly 70 and the day will come when he simply can't get up there to sort it out and I don't want to have to deal with his stuff s well as mine. It's huge progress for us. :T

ETA: (((Hugs))) Valli.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I went back to bed for a while but twisted awkwardly and now have a painful neck. However, spare bed is made up for DS. Haven't been able to go for a walk as it is now raining. DD will be here soon anyway.

Valli, hope the hospice can sort out the pain relief for your sis.

Right, more puppy tidying to do. This time it's shredded newspaper all over the LR. Hope all this counts as flying.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Tipping down here so we aren't going on a walk for the moment. Ds2 has his befriender here and they are playing on the wiiu.

DH is upstairs.

I have cleared a worktop and wiped it. Toaster decrumbed. 2 X wm done 1 is in the TD. B/card written for niece and address checked. Sink wiped.

Valli hugs X
    LW hope you are having gentle fun with Jack the Spaniel. X
    KW enjoy your day off X
    Jazee hope you have a lovely time at the wedding fair X
    HB well done to you and Mr HB x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    It may not be finished, but as a work in progress it's coming on GreenBee. I'ver never know a situation where it didn't look worse half way through before it got better than it's been for a long, long time.

Wise words HoneyBear - and also the 'defeated by the amount of stuff' comment. It can be so overwhelming one just does NOT know where to start - and never does.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Valli pain-free vibes for your sis. x
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Dizzy we could have had a cuppa together at silly o'clock this morning.

Well I went back to bed in the end - with the dog who decided that lying half on top of me would be really comfy so it was a bit pointless. Collected DS2, pottered, took the dog for a long walk with DH and now thinking about some tea.

DS1 asked me if I would do him a load of washing and he would clean my bike in return - deal. He went to work while we were walking the dog and I am slightly puzzled as to what he is wearing. 90% of his wardrobe was in his laundry basket.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday, the sun is shining here now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure