PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stretching leather shoes?

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi rebl,

We have an another thread on stretching leather shoes so I've merged yours into it as it helps readers to find all the suggestions in one place. Posts are listed in date order, so you'll have to read from the beginning to see all the replies.

Pink
  • rebl43
    rebl43 Posts: 670 Forumite
    Thanks Pink for letting me know, I did wonder what was going on!!
    :smileyhea
    Rachel xx
  • rebl43
    I've got something like this. Leather shoes stretch quite easily, leave it in for about a week, but manmade are not so stretchy

Do you know if you can get little ones? These shoes are a childs size 8.

Thanks again, Rachel xx
    Rachel xx
  • rebl43
    Also thanks for all the advice everyone :D
    Rachel xx
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I once was caught in a flooding with my car and we had to push a couple of cars to the side of the road in the wet - I had on new tight shoes which ended up soaking wet and I was walking in them - I then came home and stuffed them with newspaper and left to dry - they were the correct size from then so if you are really stuck - stand in a basin of cold water/warm even and then when they are completely saturated and you are sloshing about - walk about the garden for a little while then stuff with paper!
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • rebl43
    LOL- Thanks!
    My 4 year old daughter would love doing that!!
    Rachel xx
  • rebl43 wrote:
    Do you know if you can get little ones? These shoes are a childs size 8.

Thanks again, Rachel xx
    Yes definitley. My Mum used to stretch all our shoes when I was young, not too long ago! This is the only one I can find right now, but we also had smaller, cheaper ones - where the wooden parts were instead made of plastic, and the metal coil was instead a flat metal band. I can't see any online unfortunately, but you can probably get them in a department store or shoe shop.
    Shoestretcher.gif
  • rebl43
    Yes definitley. My Mum used to stretch all our shoes when I was young, not too long ago! This is the only one I can find right now, but we also had smaller, cheaper ones - where the wooden parts were instead made of plastic, and the metal coil was instead a flat metal band. I can't see any online unfortunately, but you can probably get them in a department store or shoe shop.
    QUOTE]
    Thanks, I will hunt them down if it's the last thing I do!
    These shoes are gorgeous (and cost a small fortune!)
    :o
    Rachel xx
  • Kitikat
    Kitikat Posts: 414 Forumite
    Hi Guys

As the title suggest I have a pair of leather shoes that are pinching me a little. Does anybody have any ideas how I can stretch them by tomorrow?

Thanks
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i remember reading somewhere that if you put a plastic bag in the shoes(make sure there's no holes in the bag), fill with water and put it into the freezer that when the water freezes, the ice stretches the leather.

have never tried it so no idea if it works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure