PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Friday 22nd August

124»

Comments

• jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    I made these earlier for the kids:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=24706963&postcount=26.

but for some reason they haven't "set" :( They're still all gooey and sticky and you need a spoon to eat it. Although there are no complaints from my lot has anyone any idea on why they haven't set?
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • Hi all
    Late post from me, I got half way through posting this morning, got distracted & only just got back online.
    Welcome 1of3.
    We finished re-roofing the gazebo this morning then went to town, hubby bought a suit for forthcoming weddings, christenings & funerals, it's charcoal grey, so suitable for any event, he bought me some sponge tins & a bag of liquorish from Lakeland & we had lunch in a pub in town & watched all the swamp buddies (festival goers).
    We're having an early night as we have DGD who is 3&half visiting tomorrow, she's already asked to make cakes, cookies & do gardening, she's meant to be staying the night, but we'll see how she does, she can go home if she wants to.
    We then have a couple of grandchild free day until Tuesday when we have the twins for an overnight stay, so mummy & daddy can celebrate daddy's birthday, my other DD is having the older ones.
    Time I made a cuppa,we're having a lazy tea, cheese & crackers for hubby, I'm still full from lunch & liquorish!
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hi and welcome to 1of3 :hello:

I survived the day but am Kerry Packered!
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Well done that TTFTM, have a restful evening and lie in tomorrow!!!
  • Well done TTFTM but please take it easy over the weekend

Candlelightx
  • cazmcf
    cazmcf Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 August 2014 at 7:35PM
    Evening all

Ttmtf well done on your day

Welcome 1of3

I got my nice necklace from next in the end. No kids until 3, so got all the housework done. OH got home from work a little early and had been working on his best mans speech for the last 2 1/2 hours. Chat about leaving it til the last minute!! Dd1 like a mad eejit had to do the ice bucket challenge even though she wasn't nominated nor did she nominate anybody, but it was very funny. OH got nominated this evening, so another one to do on Sunday. Thank goodness I don't have fb. Had an early dinner and have just been chilling all evening. It's nice having nothing to do.
    LBM 04/10:j
    Debt was 16700
    Debt free 04/13 :j

Owe mum 5100 12/16 :(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jlhmd666 wrote: »
    I made these earlier for the kids:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=24706963&postcount=26.

but for some reason they haven't "set" :( They're still all gooey and sticky and you need a spoon to eat it. Although there are no complaints from my lot has anyone any idea on why they haven't set?

nope not got a clue.... but then again, baking really never was my 'thing'. Saying that, hubby has asked me to make a rhubarb crumble the weekend.
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Judi wrote: »
    nope not got a clue.... but then again, baking really never was my 'thing'. Saying that, hubby has asked me to make a rhubarb crumble the weekend.

I love crumble. We've got quite a few apples on the tree that will end up in a crumble. Does the rhubarb sweeten when cooked?
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jlhmd666 wrote: »
    I love crumble. We've got quite a few apples on the tree that will end up in a crumble. Does the rhubarb sweeten when cooked?

As a rule no. That's where the added sugar comes in.
  • Welcome 1of3 animated-smileys-waving-008.gif
    TTFM please take care of yourself, you only had the op on Monday. There is no use making yourself worse by going back to work too early (((Hugs)))

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DD, she went to Brighton today with her Bro and friends and they said it was a great day out.

We went to the zoo and ended up becoming members, it is on our doorstep and the membership will pay for itself after four visits, plus you get discounts, so not bad for a years worth of visits. We had a lovely day and it didn't rain which is always a bonus :D Bit chilly at times though being at the top of the Downs.
    We are going back next week when the letter comes through and have the photos done and cards made up.

Totally kerried now, but poor DH is worse because he had to push the wheelchair all day. I will take the little scooter next time we go.

I am now off to hit the hay, sweet dreams all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business