PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Not really as I didn't accept it ;)

Have they had viewers at least hmd? That would make it a bit more promising!
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes they have which is good, no offers yet.

Theirs is up for sale at 110k and ours at 140k, so it wouldn't be a massive jump for them
  • If you look through the various threads with people asking for guidance on how much to offer, pretty much everyone says go for 10% under the asking price as well as 'if you're not embarrassed, you've offered too much' Good luck though!
  • They may come back with an increased offer. Don't lose hope yet :)

It took us 4 attempts before our offer was accepted. :)
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That is good news for buyers though, there is always a silver lining.......

Another strange comment from the wishing house crash poster!

I have my house on for £100k, got offered £50k. What fabulous news for all you buyers. Ermmmm ok.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 September 2016 at 1:50PM
    joshardy07 wrote: »
    If you look through the various threads with people asking for guidance on how much to offer, pretty much everyone says go for 10% under the asking price as well as 'if you're not embarrassed, you've offered too much' Good luck though!

This is nonsense. You have to factor in what the house is worth. People do price to sell, so offering 10% below on these properties because of a nonsense rule of thumb is a waste of people's time, and makes the vendor discount them as not being serious.

I always price to sell, I've had 10% below offers in the past and I ask EA not to consider any further offers from them as I would be too concerned if they did up their offer, they may drop it just before exchange.

I mean if a house is priced to sell for £500k, similar properties are on for £550k, offering £450k for the house won't go down well with the vendor!
  • The FTB couple offered 15k under asking :( on a £130k house!

Never mind! Hope there's some better news elsewhere....

Feel free to post a link to your property if you want some opinions as to whether your asking price or your viewers offer is delusional and unrealistic...
  • Chicken did you counter their offer?

• I fed back to the EA that we are looking for something closer to the asking price so hopefully they passed the message on :o

Thanks Bonfire glad you got your house in the end! I'm hoping once we get an offer on ours the next bit will be straight forward... we'll see!
  • Our viewing went well, they seemed really interested in the property and were surprised at how big all 4 bedrooms were. When they left they said they would speak to the estate agents on Monday.
    Hoping that this means that they will offer on our house :) but trying not to get my hopes up.

Fingers crossed :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure