Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Apologies for the lack of list yesterday, I will pop on later when I have more time to update & catch up
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Sorry to hear about what you've been advised Midget.

I think we can all empathise with what you're saying about going through another possible year of this. Even a month is torture. This is my fear (and I haven't even been trying as long as you or others), I just get so upset when AF arrives and my sadness is spiralling out of control and affecting every aspect in my life. My OH worries that I won't be able to cope if we have to go on and on like this. This is why I am seeing the GP next week.

I have tried to help myself though, little things like, eating better, cutting out alcohol, trying to reduce stress levels by removing myself from situations (work mainly). Is there anything you can do to make your life a bit easier/make yourself happier and less consumed/overwhelmed by it all? I find holidays help but we are moving house and so haven't really got the spare money for that but we go away for the night whenever we can - this can also help with the matter at hand ;)

Lots of love and hugs. If you did find yourself down the IVF route, whilst it can be a stressful time, my friend has given birth to her little miracle today and she never thought the day would come. She's a bit of an inspiration for me and really good to talk to about these things (she's on mat leave so not been here for my latest meltdown)
  • newthrift
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD29 newthrift - 8DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD11 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD17 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD17 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o
    CD29 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD31 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD55 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD105 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD65 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • newthrift
    Midget sorry to hear they aren't able/willing to intervine with assistance until 2years :(

Everyone else having a tough time I'm sending lots of hugs and baby dust!
    TWW is plodding along here, keeping myself busy. I can test in about a week.
  • Oh Midget I'm sorry to hear that, must be so hard to think that you maybe have another year of this. Is there any reason/diagnosis why your periods are irregular? It's just a thought, but you may be able to get a referral to gynae for some help with that if fc aren't going to do anything atm. Have you considered some alternative therapies? I've been having acupuncture which has helped me to start oving again & seems to be regulating my hormones, and there's some other lovely ladies on here who have had some success with it (if my memory serves me right it was maybe cats & clara??) I've heard from friends of friends that reflexology is good too, but I've no personal experience of it. Sorry, I've just realised that I've practically written an essay, it's probably too much to take in right now, but if/when you want to explore some more options, there's a wealth of knowledge, experience & support on here.

Firebird sorry the witch got you.

CD12 & today's opks was much darker, but still not quiet a positive. FX it turns positive over the next few days!!!
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Midget I assume they checked your thyroid? You sound so like us - even being diagnosed hypothyroid didn't help my periods in the end though. I worked out I only had 9 cycles in 14 months - one of which I didn't ovulate. And thyroid med didn't help so GP just said I'm unlucky and may always be irregular!

Perhaps knowing you have no choice but to wait might let you actually relax a bit, strangely that's what happened to me and now here I am!

I do also think acupuncture did help, plus my yoga as it focused on relaxation. So definitely worth a go if you're willing.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • Thanks all for your kind words. I find this whole process exhausting.

cats my thyroid came back at 2.3 and they said anything under 2.5 is good so they weren't worried and just think my body is taking a while to regulate again after the pill (even though I came off it Sept last year.)

I think the worst feeling is not really knowing what's wrong :(

My Sil also recommend acupuncture so I may look into that and see how much it costs. Hubby thinks I'm just too stressed with work and ttc and need to relax. Gahh it seems so much easier especially as since his Sa he has gone telling everyone his balls work. Really not helpful.

firebird sorry the witch got you.

rachy I was and still am like that every month. I even cried one day to my boss about it all. He was actually very sympathetic. Turns out his wife had 6 miscarriage before having there only child who is now at uni so I think he sort of understood what a horrible process this can be. Be kind to yourself I'm sure either will happen soon.

angel hope you get a +ve opk soon.

I've actually decided to invest in the clearblue ov kit for next cycle just incase. Also decided to book a holiday for June to China (as I can't do that with a child and apply for a new job. I can't put my life on hold much longer for what-ifs.
  • newthrift
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD30 newthrift - 9DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD12 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD15 Li5a - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 April87 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD28 ButterflyBabe -Awaiting ov :o
    CD30 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD32 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD56 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD106 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD66 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • Sorry to hear everyone is struggling. Me too :( Was trying to play it cool but am actually getting quite upset and felt OH wasn't getting it. We then had a massive row over a couple of days and have had a heart to heart and are going to communicate more about the issue.

OK way TMI now but OH has decided that he might be the reason that we haven't conceived so far as since he put on weight his 'product' has been more of a 'dribble' out than shooting. He still makes enough that's for sure :/ This resulted in me googling like mad and initially thinking this was a completely bizarre idea then subsequently finding some obscure American sites suggesting it may be an indicator of 'unhealthy' sperm. God I really wish google didn't exist sometimes. He also suggested it was us doing trampolining club :D so not listening to him too much. Bless.

I have pointed out that the reason it might not be happening is we've only been trying since Jan, I have PCOS and we don't DTD enough because he doesn't like talking about timing or DTD when its not 'romantic'. He's agreed to make a bit more of an effort.

Athens am I reading correctly that you have PCOS like me but as you are ovulating they are suggesting you just keep trying, even without further testing? Can I ask what testing you had so far ie just GP or clinic? Only if you are up to explaining. I'm getting to the point I'd rather get on with investigations or treatment before I hit 35 next year, but going private seems v expensive.

I've decided to join Slimming World in the hope to loose the one to two stone I'm overweight just in case that hopes and maybe start temping. Seems ovulation tests are largely pointless.

How are everyone else's OHs?
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
  • We're still early days, but my OH remains adament it will happen quickly for us. I'm pretty sure he thinks we've caught this cycle, but is wisely keeping his mouth shut except for the odd comment e.g. seeing someone pregnant and going 'that could be you soon'. His family (brothers and dad) haven't had any difficulties getting pregnant, so he thinks they all have super sperm. Thankfully he's quite tactful as SIL has had multiple m/cs so he's very aware that getting pregnant is just the first hurdle.

I'm CD26. Ovia thinks my cycle is a bit longer (32 days) based on ov symptoms, so apparently I'm 5 days from poas/ getting AF. We'll see.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback